Author Topic: William Beaney  (Read 546 times)

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
William Beaney
« on: Wednesday 10 June 20 19:49 BST (UK) »
Hi

I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me locate the following:

I am trying to locate a christening for a William Beaney who lived in the Chilham area of Kent. He married Martha Scott [a widow] in September 1707 at Canterbury and they had two sons [that I am aware of] named:

William born January 1707/08 Chilham

John born March 1709/10 Chilham

There may be other children but so far I have not found any.

Martha was born "Marth Bryant" in January 1670/71 and was married first to Thomas Scott in 1692. He died in October 1701 in Molash. I am estimating that William Beaney may have been born around the same time as Martha so I would guess he could be born sometime between the 1660s and 1690.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Many Thanks
Matt

Offline Westfrem

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Beaney
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 July 20 22:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Matt
There is a William BEANE (could this be pronounced as BEANEY?) who was baptised in St Andrew's Canterbury on 11th Feb 1672 parents Thomas and Margaret. Possible?
West - Oxfordshire & Kent
Hucks - Kent
Fremlin - Kent & worldwide

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: William Beaney
« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 July 20 23:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Matt
There is a William BEANE (could this be pronounced as BEANEY?) who was baptised in St Andrew's Canterbury on 11th Feb 1672 parents Thomas and Margaret. Possible?

An interesting possibility. I've seen the surname "Beaney" spelt "Beany" and "Beeney" on occasions so It's definitely not beyond the realms of possibility that another variation of Beaney could be easily be Beane, then again that might also just be a variation of Bean.

I'll follow this one up though and take a look to see if it gives any more leads.

Many thanks again

Matt