Author Topic: Non Conformist registers online  (Read 653 times)

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Non Conformist registers online
« on: Thursday 11 June 20 23:15 BST (UK) »
Has anyone bought either credits or a full sub to see non conformist records on either BMD registers or the Genealogist? I'm just wondering what a 'full record ' will reveal and if it's worth the money.
I had wondered if they were downloadable from the National Archives free trial, but it directs you to the Genealogist. Thanks.
North East of England

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Non Conformist registers online
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 11 June 20 23:24 BST (UK) »
Are these the RG4,5 and 8?

They're on FindMyPast but the images vary depending on who wrote them.  Some are very thorough, giving info about mother's mn and place of birth (for baptisms) and more. Others are just a bare minimum.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 June 20 15:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks Gadget. Yes I found one on BMD for RG4. I'll try and find it on FindMyPast but I'm not seeing how to exactly. Is there a way of searching RG4 without putting in a surname as its not coming up with a surname search. Thanks .
North East of England

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 12 June 20 16:56 BST (UK) »
In FindMyPast, go to A-Z records.  Then type in non-conform  in the box.  This will offer you various collection. Select Eng & Wales non-conf baptism or Marriages or Burials.

The collections are not very complete but more or less all that's there.

Baptisms~
https://search.findmypast.co.uk/search-world-Records/england-and-wales-non-conformist-births-and-baptisms

Marriages ~
https://search.findmypast.co.uk/search-world-Records/england-and-wales-non-conformist-marriages

Burials~
https://search.findmypast.co.uk/search-world-Records/england-and-wales-non-conformist-burials

There are other collection for various areas at the top level (just searching on non-Conf in the A-Z) - Cheshire; Gwent; London Bunhill Fields; Norfolk; Shropshire

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 13 June 20 20:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks Gadget . Very helpful as always .
North East of England