Author Topic: Jemima Sheldrake  (Read 305 times)

Offline jibba

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Nothing is true, everything is permitted
    • View Profile
Jemima Sheldrake
« on: Sunday 14 June 20 15:05 BST (UK) »
Hi

I'm trying to confirm the parents of my ancestor Jemima Sheldrake. She married William Sillett in 1781 at Mickfield and is believed to be the Jemima Sillett who was buried at Debenham in 1838 aged 84, c.1754.

In my notes, I have made a entry for a Jemima Sheldrake who was baptised 25 Dec 1760 at Stonham Parva, aka Little Stonham, to John Sheldrake and Jemima Hayward who were also married there earlier in the year. Unfortuntley I did not make a note of where this information came from and I cannot seem to find it from any of the well known websites.

Can anyone help me in finding the correct baptism record or let me know if the records for Stonham Parva and the surrounding parishes are online anywhere.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Jemima Sheldrake
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 June 20 02:36 BST (UK) »
Stonham Parva baptisms are only online from 1813 - knowing the parents married there could you have automatically then checked the parish baptisms on microfiche in Suffolk Record Office where you found Jemima's baptism (which would make sense).   I note that further children were baptised at Mickfield.

The records pre 1813 are certainly not available online on any site.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gobbitt

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jemima Sheldrake
« Reply #2 on: Monday 15 June 20 14:39 BST (UK) »
The Suffolk FHS has published transcripts for the parishes in Bosmere & Claydon deaneries from 1650 to 1900. Jemima's baptism at Little Stonham is indexed under SHELDERICK:

1758 June 24 Sarah daughter of John & Sarah SHELDERICK of Little Stonham
1760 Dec. 25 Jemima daughter of John & Jemima SHELDERICK of Little Stonham

By July 1762 they had moved to Mickfield, where five children of John & Jemima SHELDRAKE were christened: Mary (1762), Howard (1766), Alice (1769), John (1771) and Francis (1773).

David