Author Topic: 1851 Lancashire census lookup  (Read 34251 times)

Offline Rosemarie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Lancashire census lookup
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 03 September 05 17:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Lybis

Please will you try to trace Thomas Bolton Howard and any family on the 1851 Liverpool census. Thomas would be aged about 28 and was born Ince Blundell.

Many thanks in advance

Rosemarie.
All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

IRELAND:CostelloSauce,Hatchell
Connolly/Conneelly(Kilkerrin,Co Galway)
WALES: Flintshire-Roberts
CHESHIRE-Irby: Ledsham,Roberts,Bennett
LANCS:
Liverpool: Howard
Halewood: Ellison, Turton,
Prescot: Cross, Hornby, Prescott
Warrington: Sauce
Widnes: Connolly, Cross, Currie, Prescott
Manchester: Currie
Altcar: Howard, Bolton
ASHFORD: Dale,Ellis
SCOTLAND: Currie,Lindsay,McDonald, Savage,

Offline Lybis

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 04 September 05 06:24 BST (UK) »
Hello Rosemarie
I have had another look for your Thomas Bolton Howard. I'm afraid there are quite a few Thomas Howards but none that fit your description. Are you sure he was born in Ince Blundell, there were none born in that area at all.

I couldn't find a William to match either. One way would be to send you all the Thomas Howards and William Howards in the index and see if you can pick one or two out that seem possibilities and I could go into the images and check.  The only problem is that there are many without ages, just occupations and where born.

I would have to send it to you directly, so have a think about it and let me know.
Kind regards
Lybis
I am sorry but my emails are not working

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Trueblue247

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 20 October 05 19:09 BST (UK) »
Hi

Would appreciate your help with a look up in Liverpool.

Richard Boardman and wife Martha Boardman son Richard Thomas Boardman b 1830 (21yrs)

Not much to go on but its worth a try I guess.

True
Liverpool: Boardman
                 Smith

Offline Chickpea13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 22 October 05 12:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Lybis,

Many thanks for your offer.
I am trying to find the family of James NORRIS, born in Bolton in 1849-50.  His father may be named Thomas, and he may have a sister Mary; is this too vague to be feasible?  Family are likely to be involved in mining or weaving (or both).
Many thanks for any help.

Best wishes,
Roz

Offline BeesleSR

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 27 October 05 22:59 BST (UK) »
Hello Lybis, I'd love it if you could unearth any information in regards to my GGGrandFather Robert Beesley who was born in Widnes in 1831 and became a watch movement maker. He married a woman called Ann who appears to have been born around 1837 in Tarbock Lancashire.
Thank you.

Sean Beesley

Offline dinkey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 29 October 05 09:06 BST (UK) »
Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

TRAVIS/ROCHDALE-OLDHAM-TODMORDEN-ASHTON-U-LYNE-BURY AREAS
DALTON/WIDNES- CHESHIRE-THORNTON-FLEETWOOD

Offline Salopian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 29 October 05 23:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Lybis...would you be able to see if you have a Thomas McNab ( B. approx 1840 Scotland) or Robert McNab ( father b. Scotland) in the census for the Liverpool area.
Thanking you
Andrea
Ward/Turner/Pountain/Blaney(Shropshire-Staffs)              Mitchell/McNab/Clarke(Somerset-Lancashire-Leicestershire-Perthshire)
Gallop/Southwood/Northcott/Rowland(Somerset-Gloucestershire)

Offline BeesleSR

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 31 October 05 21:23 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Lybis

Big help in putting the pieces together. There appears to be a few Beesley families all in the profession of Watch Making and living in Lancashire around the Prescot area. This family group is directly related to me; and contains new information. Thank you once more.

Sean

Offline warrawillah

• RIP 2023
  • Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 24 February 06 12:21 GMT (UK) »
Could you please look up Edward Attwood LLOYD who was born at Holyhead, Wales about 1818 and lived at 4 yates Drive, Toxteth Lancashire in the 1881 Census. I'm trying to establish when he moved from Wales., also the name of his wife who may be Patience or Margaret. may have also had a son also Edward by this time.
Many thanks,

Marie in Sydney
DONALDSON  from Aberdeen,Orkney. and Newport, MONS Wales. WILLIAMS/CAUGHTER from Bangor Caernarvonshire, WALES
WISEMAN from ELGIN and LOSSIEMOUTH. MARTIN from Winchelea in Sussex, RICHARDSON from Rovelden in Kent, Pollok/POLLOCK from Scotland, LECKIE from Scotland WARRY from Bristol ENG