Author Topic: Bubble Burst!!!!  (Read 1858 times)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
Bubble Burst!!!!
« on: Wednesday 17 June 20 11:00 BST (UK) »
My 9 yr old Grandson...................... (is beautiful :) :)

Had been going back to school as per being advised -- as his Mom is a 'key' worker...

However his 'bubble has burst' and now they have closed his class down..

One child in the group has symptoms..

Please Please can someone tell me what the heck they are playing at..

:-X :-X :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

xin

I didnt want him to go back at all .. but who am I    :(

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Bubble Burst!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 June 20 15:04 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately many people are not keeping to the social distancing rules etc - we have seen prime examples in the news of beaches, demonstrations and just Monday gone - the opening of a trainer shop with a crowd surge like the New Year sales.

It is inevitable there are new cases (around 1,200 currently) now that people are travelling to and from other countries and other areas of this country to beaches etc.  Face mask use can be enforced on buses as passengers are visible to the driver - but what about trains?

Public toilets remain shut - so how did all those crowds on the beaches relieve themselves??

My local garden centre (which is a national chain) has never applied any restrictions since reopening and when criticised said "people are sensible" !!

Sorry - but I feel we are in for a second wave as easements are too much & too soon and are being abused
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 17 June 20 15:21 BST (UK) »

Public toilets remain shut - so how did all those crowds on the beaches relieve themselves??

Seriously, You don't want to Know!

But if you do, just look at the reports of all the litter picked up after all those people hit the beaches and the complaints from people living near the beaches.

I agree easement too much too soon. Not enough time in between each phase to assess what effect it had. It was ridiculous to allow people in England to travel as far as they wanted. Inevitable they would flock to beaches or set fire to beauty spots and SSSIs with their portable barbecues. In some cases they were three or four hours journey from home. Boris should have advised to stay local. Those people who have a beach or beauty spot close by are the winners but there's always winners and losers.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 17 June 20 15:25 BST (UK) »
As ever, the burning question is: when is too soon? At some point, we have to take those baby steps or we'll be locked down forever and a day.

I'd hoped we'd get a good Trace and Test system going before we let everyone loose but I think its now too late and we have to trust people to take responsibility for themselves. Its funny - I've just been on one of my (now) infrequent trips to the local shops. There were more people there and around than there usually is on a normal pre covid work day but everyone of them had a ready smile and observed the 'swerve' as I've come to call it, as people approach you and then swerve away. It could catch on as the latest dance craze - do the Swerve!

My theory is that people seem to be polite and do the swerve when on their 'home turf' but, put them in a 'holiday' habitat like the beach and they just go mad. I suspect that's also why its not well observed in big cities - as there's little time for normal niceties like a smile or a hearty 'good morning'.

Having done half an hour's swerve this morning and more gardening this afternoon, I'm now rewarding myself with a can of Scrumpy Jack.

Swerve over for the day. let drinking begin!!  :P ;D
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 17 June 20 15:33 BST (UK) »
Those people who have a beach or beauty spot close by are the winners but there's always winners and losers.

Unfortunately it's the permanent residents of those areas that could be the losers if the virus is brought in by a day tripper living many miles away.    Blackpool was declared to be the 9th worst place for the virus but it didn't deter the idiots from out of town who flocked to the beaches.

Given the current risks and death toll etc I have to wonder at the mentality of people who are prepared to drive for several hours to another town just to lie on the beach for a few hours.  Particularly knowing that there are no public toilets open.

I watched one person being interviewed who had travelled over 50 miles to Blackpool and when asked why - he shrugged and said they were "bored"

I'll take boredom over possible death any day!!
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 17 June 20 15:54 BST (UK) »
Just about sums it up, doesn't it? Bored?

I don't understand how anyone can be bored. These are the people who - in normal times - will drive to Ikea at a weekend (other stores are available) and queue for hours rather than stay home and actually DO something during the 48 hours they have away from earning a crust.

I blame our education system - have done for years, so don't let me get started on that. Where are their imaginations; thirst for knowledge etc? Killed at school!!
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 17 June 20 16:09 BST (UK) »

I'd hoped we'd get a good Trace and Test system going before we let everyone loose but I think its now too late and we have to trust people to take responsibility for themselves.

I'ts a  "world beating" system - Boris said so. And some other politician said the App (which was supposed once to be the key part of it) is no just the cherry (or maybe icing) on the top.

I have only seen figures so far for the 28 May - 3rd June (7 days).
The contract tracers had 8,000 who had tested positive in that period to track / trace.
Of those people, 5407 gave details of their close contacts, 2710 did not - either because they could not be contacted or they declined to give contact details. That's about one third of the initial set of people whose contacts may be unaware that they have been in contact with a positive case.

The remaining 5407 people (between them) provided a list of  over 31,000 people. That's an average of 5.7 contacts per infected person. I did hear that the definition of close contact in this context was someone that they had been less than 2 metres from for 15 minutes or more. That should be only members of their households if they are following social distancing rules - so why so many contacts? If the 2,710 people who did not provide details of their contacts, had a similar number of contacts per head, that would generate about 15,500 more "close contacts"

Of those 31,000 plus "close contacts", 26,985 were contacted and asked to self isolate. So 4,000 plus people could not be contacted for some reason. Added to the 15,500 from above gives about 16,000 people who are unaware they have been in close contact with a positive case.

If the infected person knows the identity of their close contacts, surely they would tell them of the possibility of infection straight away, rather than just pass the information to the professional contact tracers and let them relay the message. And if they knew they had been in close contact with several people in a crowded train or tube for example but didn't know them from Adam or Eve, then there is nothing they or a contact tracer could do about it.

Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 17 June 20 16:19 BST (UK) »
Those people who have a beach or beauty spot close by are the winners but there's always winners and losers.

Unfortunately it's the permanent residents of those areas that could be the losers if the virus is brought in by a day tripper living many miles away.    Blackpool was declared to be the 9th worst place for the virus but it didn't deter the idiots from out of town who flocked to the beaches.

Given the current risks and death toll etc I have to wonder at the mentality of people who are prepared to drive for several hours to another town just to lie on the beach for a few hours.  Particularly knowing that there are no public toilets open.

I watched one person being interviewed who had travelled over 50 miles to Blackpool and when asked why - he shrugged and said they were "bored"

I'll take boredom over possible death any day!!

Sadly yes, the local residents could be the losers  with the current free for all. I meant they would be winners if people had to stay local.
I spent my childhood / teens near one of those beaches which was featured heavily on the news a couple of weeks ago. The one where you couldn't see the seaweed infested shingle for half naked bodies. Some of the people interviewed after the incident said they had come from London - that must have taken them a good three hours.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 17 June 20 16:24 BST (UK) »
My 9 yr old Grandson...................... (is beautiful :) :)

Had been going back to school as per being advised -- as his Mom is a 'key' worker...

However his 'bubble has burst' and now they have closed his class down..

One child in the group has symptoms..

Please Please can someone tell me what the heck they are playing at..

:-X :-X :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

xin

I didnt want him to go back at all .. but who am I    :(

Has the child been confirmed as having the virus?
It is perhaps just a precaution - hopefully it is.