Author Topic: Bubble Burst!!!!  (Read 1879 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Bubble Burst!!!!
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 17 June 20 16:36 BST (UK) »
Those people who have a beach or beauty spot close by are the winners but there's always winners and losers.

Unfortunately it's the permanent residents of those areas that could be the losers if the virus is brought in by a day tripper living many miles away.   

Couldn't agree more, I live a few minutes' drive from our local beaches but while it was hot I didn't dare go down there because of the throngs of people coming down. Many of those would have been from a nearby town that's been a hotspot. The toilets were closed at the time (opened since) and there were many people behaving in other ways they shouldn't, as well as leaving litter for other people to pick up. Respect seems to be an old fashioned concept with some of them.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 17 June 20 17:33 BST (UK) »
To me - the incubation period of this virus has always been the major worry factor.  A socially active person showing no apparent symptoms themselves can infect so many people before they are taken ill.

It will be quite a while before I go out without my various sanitising sprays
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 17 June 20 18:50 BST (UK) »
The most surprising thing to me has been the fact that our small corner shop in this satellite village has been allowed to stay open all through this pandemic.  When questioned why, the answer was;  because it's classed as a "supermarket".   I haven't heard of anyone having the virus in this vicinity, although in our parliamentary ward, I see we have 157 cases.

Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 17 June 20 19:15 BST (UK) »
We have a small papershop that also sells a limited range of food and household items.  They have remained open but only allow 2 people in at a time.  Our local Bargain Booze is the same but also has a one counter mini post office and restriction has been 3 people

As long as your small shop has restricted the number of customers allowed at any one time and are selling food they are classed as an essential service
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 17 June 20 19:18 BST (UK) »
xin you must be terribly worried about your grandson and I do hope he and his classmates will be virus free.

In my opinion schools have gone back far too soon.

I live in Scotland and we are coming out of lockdown differently from the rest of the UK as you will all probably know already. Our schools will not reopen until the 11th August.

Today in the Scottish Parliament our First Minister was given a hard time by the leader of the Scottish Conservatives -Jackson Carlow- as the plan is to have social distancing, limited class numbers and pupils not in school every day to begin with (brief outline of the plan). He went on about children having a fundamental right to education and the plan was not good enough and they should all be going back to school full time in August.  Whilst I agree that education is important so is the life of a child. Education can be caught up with at some point but a live lost can never be replaced.

Sorry for my rant but that stupid attitude really wound me up.

Take care everyone,

Dorrie

Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 18 June 20 05:51 BST (UK) »
Yes -- I am  and his brothers at home...  my daughter and I have .......... disagreed over this situation... so the news is going to my OH  not me..

:(  oh dear ...... 

we will have to just wait and see

xin

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 18 June 20 11:12 BST (UK) »
xin, I hope you and all are well.

The virus numbers were only suppressed by the efforts of the British public during UK Lockdown, to stop it going madly out of control.

There will likely be local Public Health closures responding to local outbreaks for months yet.

The CMO said this last week
8 days ago - The UK is nowhere near the end of the coronavirus epidemic despite cases continuing to fall, the Chief Medical Officer has said. Professor Chris Whitty issued the warning during the daily COVID-19 press briefings ...

Admissions to one Hospital suddenly went up 20 in one day (BBC Midlands Today 17th June 2020) to 50. https://m.facebook.com/MidlandsBBC/videos/620953491962501/

Mark

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 18 June 20 11:28 BST (UK) »
Xin we all worry about our families during this horrible time. It makes it even more difficult when they do not agree on the situation. I am lucky as we are all singing from the same hymn sheet. Our family have agreed that we will take the easing of lockdown slowly irrespective of what the guidelines are.

Here in Scotland there will be an update at 12.30 today from our First Minister regarding this. Going into Phase 2 so will see what that brings.

Caution is the word as far as we are concerned. If we rush things too quickly it will only bring about a spike in the spreading of the virus as Bushinn1746 has pointed out.

Take care and chin up.

Dorrie
Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 18 June 20 12:41 BST (UK) »
Thank you xxx and bless you all   and I hope that you and all the wonderful Roots chatters keep well xxx

We Mr D and me are as well as poss. in this time of so much stress and worry.....

so thank you for your thoughts and comments.

It is a scary scary time xxxx

Xin