Author Topic: Certificates.  (Read 936 times)

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Certificates.
« Reply #9 on: Friday 19 June 20 15:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your reply Groom.
I have just had a look at the site and realised I could do that so will do that next.
I didn't want to hassle them as I realise they are on a skeleton staff it was just that I didn't want to be sitting around if it had got lost.

*Update*
Have looked it up and it says it's in progress so I will just have to sit tight and be patient.
It's 6 weeks today so hopefully next week.

At least you know that it hasn't been despatched and gone missing.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Familysearch

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 19 June 20 16:01 BST (UK) »
I ordered a marriage certificate in April. It was dispatched after 45 days.

PDF ordered May, 25 days to dispatch.

Obviously if it is coming by post, then that has to be factored in.

there  was no warning of delays when I ordered, (there is now)  Must admit I had always assumed it was an automatic process anyway and required little human input.

We have to remember that lockdown came with little notice, so possibly there was not time to make preparations for this situation.  I had to learn patience.  it was annoying.  I had ordered the certificate in order to do a family search to give a family tree for a new baby as a gift.  I missed my deadline and was not able to give the gift as planned.

If a certificate is urgent, then there is the option to pay for that service.

FS

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 19 June 20 19:04 BST (UK) »
there  was no warning of delays when I ordered, (there is now)  Must admit I had always assumed it was an automatic process anyway and required little human input.

There was, that notice has been there since at least the start of April, as on the other forum I belong to, we have been continually posting it. However even today some one who ordered the start of June, posted asking when they could expect their certificates. They said they hadn't seen the notice!
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk