Author Topic: Alert level in England reduced to 3  (Read 603 times)

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Alert level in England reduced to 3
« on: Friday 19 June 20 10:50 BST (UK) »
Just been announced. On what basis has this been decided? Infections had levelled out and now have actually risen for the last couple of days
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Alert level in England reduced to 3
« Reply #1 on: Friday 19 June 20 11:08 BST (UK) »
Well call me a doubting thomas but the figures haven't changed very much since last week and I've seen so many 'happy'  announcements by governments over the years that I'm suspicious that this has been announced to take the adverse headlines away from the fact that the track and trace ap has failed and  the National debt now exceeds GDP for the first time in 60 years.

We've also got significant pockets in Wrexham, Anglesey, Leicestershire  and ?

PS - And Rabb's knee

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 19 June 20 11:20 BST (UK) »
Will be on the daily briefing I suspect.
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 19 June 20 11:59 BST (UK) »
Level three criterion and action

Level three - the virus is in general circulation - social distancing relaxed

This will Boris an excuse to reduce the social distance from 2 metres to 1 metre without bothering about the review that probably wouldn't have had a chance of reporting before 4th July.

This way he can say that relaxation of distancing was pre-agreed when these five alert levels were agreed and his road map was published.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 19 June 20 12:55 BST (UK) »
I'm really in two minds about this. I suppose there comes a time when we have to trust the doctors and scientists who are saying that's what the level is. However there is also this nagging doubt that is it just so the social distancing can be reduced as businesses are wanting it to be?

The title of this is "Alert level in England" but isn't it the UK?"

"The decision to reduce the alert level followed a recommendation by the Joint Biosecurity Centre, the chief medical officers for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland said. "There has been a steady decrease in cases we have seen in all four nations, and this continues," the medical officers said in a joint statement. "
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 19 June 20 13:01 BST (UK) »
Some Scottish publicans expressed disappointment that their beer-gardens will not be opening this weekend. Egged on by daft notions from the tabloids & some wishful thinking they attempted to bounce this notion on the Scottish Government & ended up with no cigar.
 Hereaboots there is no public house with anything that could be remotely mistaken for a beer garden anyhow so the Guinnefs will have to wait!

Skoosh.

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 19 June 20 13:10 BST (UK) »
Although the decision involved medics from all 4 nations, the BBC report I read it on, heads their colourful chart - Alert levels in England

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53106673

I have just read on Edinburghlive that the alert level in Scotland has also been reduced now.

Theoretically the alert levels in the 4 nations could be different, if the criteria had not been fully met in one or more of the 4 nations.

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 19 June 20 15:24 BST (UK) »
Earlier on, I think Boris Johnson said that the level would need to go to 3 before relaxing anything, but the scientists/medics would not downgrade the level. So Boris went ahead anyway.
Now the threat level has been downgraded further, he might think he has carte blanche to do anything he wants. Which he has anyway, I realise, but as the alert level has been downgraded, he might think he can go a lot further.

Whatever, it is very good news.

Regards Margaret

STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 19 June 20 16:44 BST (UK) »
I'm not crowing! (Not this time at any rate ;D)

But it seems to that the UK, and England in particular, is at least 2 months behind the Isle of Man on this?
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)