Author Topic: SYDNEY DIGBY - he had a wife and child???  (Read 639 times)

Offline Jool

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • James Dodson, beautifully restored by mozza29
    • View Profile
Re: SYDNEY DIGBY - he had a wife and child???
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 20 June 20 14:41 BST (UK) »
Do you know from family members that Elsie Trickett was the sole beneficiary of Sydney's Will, or have you assumed that from the details on his probate index?

"Probate to Elsie May Trickett" means that she was executor of the will and therefore responsible for making sure that the terms of the will were carried out.  She may not necessarily be a beneficiary, or at least not the sole beneficiary. 

I was wondering if he may have left something to his daughter.

You can obtain a copy of his will for £1.50 here https://www.gov.uk/search-will-probate

Some wills are straightforward and don't provide any more information than you already know, others can be quite surprising.
Robbins - Wolverhampton.
Spooner - Monmouthshire & Wolverhampton.
Warner & Loundes - Dudley/West Bromwich.
Dod(g)son - Heysham/Liverpool/Wolverhampton

Offline nicdigby

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: SYDNEY DIGBY - he had a wife and child???
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 21 June 20 16:57 BST (UK) »
Do you know from family members that Elsie Trickett was the sole beneficiary of Sydney's Will, or have you assumed that from the details on his probate index?

"Probate to Elsie May Trickett" means that she was executor of the will and therefore responsible for making sure that the terms of the will were carried out.  She may not necessarily be a beneficiary, or at least not the sole beneficiary. 

I was wondering if he may have left something to his daughter.

You can obtain a copy of his will for £1.50 here https://www.gov.uk/search-will-probate

Some wills are straightforward and don't provide any more information than you already know, others can be quite surprising.

Thank you, I didn't know that. I will order a copy of the Will.