Author Topic: Diary - Monday 22nd June  (Read 2107 times)

Online radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Monday 22nd June
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 23 June 20 11:07 BST (UK) »
Printer cartridges ran out during a print run. Should have ordered some last week but other things overtook.
What to do? Amazon? Currys? Tesco? Prices all much about the same. Need them today so Amazon out of the running, so lets go to Currys, only about ten miles into Bath.......silly thing to do without checking opening times, although having checked the availability for delivery or collect I wrongly assumed that they would be open. But they weren't.
So back home via TESCO...had what I wanted. But it was a nice little trip out to dispel some of the claustrophobic lock down and isolation.

The lawns needed cutting, especially the front one, not much grass but lots of straggly ended weeds...heigh ho, looks a lot better now.
Water the Toms - now three trusses set and the later ones coming along nicely, soon need another transplant into the final pots.

The warmer weather has encouraged the sunflowers (free packet  with a bouquet from "Bunches".
Mixed varieties and one has now reached about 6 feet tall.. Needs some more support.

Busy day finished off with some musical relaxation with my Music Toy Sibelius; a little bit of simple arrangement of a Hymn Tune  Freshwater by CHH Parry  for a brass quartet.

Finish the day with cold beef and Salad supper and a glass of Chardonnay.
Bliss.

Nurse, Musther, Smith, Julnes, Rogers, Parsons,Grieves(Greaves,Greeves),Wood,Cray,Scrine,Shellard,Greenstock,

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre...as long as you're good at it!

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 23 June 20 12:24 BST (UK) »
Well I have done my front net, I don't put it out, put it straight back up and there will be no creases,  a job I hate doing but done now like the rest of the house, gone are tbe days when I could do the whole house in one day, 12 windows, so now it takes me a week but at least they get done till I decide to do them again

Lunch now, think I deserve a rest, it is quite warm but the front of the house is in shade luckily

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 23 June 20 13:22 BST (UK) »
Great job, well done Louisa Maude.
Enjoy a restful afternoon.
I hope it is pleasant for you.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 23 June 20 16:44 BST (UK) »
After lunch I made a different sort of  mask, looks like half a bikini top, think if I made another one I would have a bikini, best not, would frighten the seagulls when I come to Teignmouth!!

Louisa  Maud

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 23 June 20 18:57 BST (UK) »
Have you been wearing one regularly Louisa Maud?
I am interested to know if the shaped ones are easier to wear, (or not,) than the traditional rectangular shape.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 23 June 20 19:24 BST (UK) »
I think the fitted one has come up a bit smaller but now I know how easy they are I will have another go,   will use a larger plate for the circle, I did make the pleated  ones which are fine except my glasses steam up, I was hoping the shaped one wouldn't do that but I am not so sure , will wear it tomorrow when I go out  to visit a friend in her garden and will let you know

I do wear a mask in the shops but not in the street when I am walking , I did initially though, it is surprising how many don't wear masks

Take care

Louisa Maud

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 23 June 20 19:53 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that Louisa Maud.

Glasses steaming up is an issue!

Have visited Japan where it is standard to wear one if you have a cold, so people are reconciled to using them to protect against the virus.  But in England, although many older people are wearing them out walking and in supermarkets, it seems to me the vast majority of those under 50-ish don't seem to believe in the danger, and don't take any precautions.

In truth, I am not wearing a mask as yet, but I certainly shall if it comes back in a second wave, so I need to be ready.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 23 June 20 20:47 BST (UK) »
A couple of hours ago I did quite a lot of typing in response to others' diary entries, then all of a sudden it had disappeared.  >:( If you're reading this it means this attempt has fared better.

Caroline, good to hear that Monday was a better day for you. The cards you have made sound absolutely fantastic, very imaginative. Hope the latest one goes down well.

Ruskie, your daughter's dog is certainly a naughty one! A friend of mine has a dog that likes to chew remote controls too. The other day my friend told me that she'd briefly gone upstairs and left a carrier bag containing a bottle of red wine on the kitchen worktop. Guess what?!! Luckily she managed to retrieve it before the dog could injure herself on the broken glass.

Mowsehowse, your journey sounds a nightmare, just as well it wasn't something you wanted to go to. Re the painting, you never know, you might surprise yourself!

Louisa Maud, great that you got a delivery slot, hope you can manage to do that again. Your version of a mask sounds interesting! I haven't yet worn a mask, I've been out walking and been through the streets in a very limited way. I haven't been to any shops. I'm not at all brave where this virus is concerned but the advice on it seems to be that they're not necessary in the open air as long as people maintain their distance.

Radstockjeff, glad your quest for a printer cartridge gave you a break from the claustrophobia. The Chardonnay sounds great. In fact I might have to have one now.  :)

Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 23 June 20 21:22 BST (UK) »
Well done Roobarb.  Your persistence paid off.
Enormously frustrating to have a load of typing disappear.  :'(
As to trying to paint.... one day perhaps!