Author Topic: The end of hibernation  (Read 5394 times)

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
The end of hibernation
« on: Tuesday 23 June 20 18:05 BST (UK) »
From the beginning of July, in about a week, many aspects of life in England are going to be looking more sort-of normal.

What a activities are you most look forward to?
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline cati

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm the one in the middle...
    • View Profile
Re: The end of hibernation
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 23 June 20 18:22 BST (UK) »
Well, as the Significant Other was identified as high-risk at the start, we'll still be keeping ourselves very much to ourselves.

At the moment I'm trying to work out if and when our Local History Group can meet again - most of our members are elderly, and the room we normally use isn't very big, so one metre distancing may prove a problem.

I'm very much looking forward to buying a decent pair of shoes, as my favourite pair have collapsed: and a pint in a riverside pub.

Things that I hope won't change:  during lockdown I managed to persuade the afore-mentioned Local History Group to start a monthly newsletter (I've been pushing for this for two years!) and I'm hoping we can continue with this once we're back to normal.

Cati
Bagot, Bate, Dominy,  Cox, Frost, Griffiths, Eccleston(e), Godrich, Griffiths, Hartland/Hartlin, Westwood, Spicer, Peake, Pass, Perry, Nuttle, Warrender

Catch the Blog at http://familytreeblogs.com/kate

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 June 20 18:27 BST (UK) »
Something I still won't be allowed to do!!

I will be able visit my daughter and family, even stay overnight. But I won't be able to give my grandaughter a big hug, something I haven't done for nearly 4 months. And I will have to keep 1 metre away from them all at all times, even suggested that a face covering might be advised.

But it's a lot better than what we've been used to since 23 March.

Regards Margaret

Modified: I wish this had been brought in before said grandaughter returned to school. The family had all been at home for the past 3 months, she started school last week. So the risk has increased already when we meet up.
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline panda40

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 23 June 20 18:28 BST (UK) »
A haircut not had mine done since December. I had surgery in the new year followed by lockdown so I was unable to get it done.
Regards
Panda
Chapman. Kent/Liverpool 1900+
Linnett.Kent/liverpool 1900+
Button. Kent
Sawyer. Kent
Swain. Kent
Austin/en. Kent
Ellen. Kent
Harman. Kent/ norfolk

Offline cati

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 23 June 20 18:50 BST (UK) »
A haircut not had mine done since December. I had surgery in the new year followed by lockdown so I was unable to get it done.
Regards
Panda

The week before lockdown started I was thinking about having my hair cut ( for the first time in ten years), but I don't think I'll bother!

Cati
Bagot, Bate, Dominy,  Cox, Frost, Griffiths, Eccleston(e), Godrich, Griffiths, Hartland/Hartlin, Westwood, Spicer, Peake, Pass, Perry, Nuttle, Warrender

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 23 June 20 19:28 BST (UK) »
We are still wondering if it is possible to waltz, quickstep and tango whilst remaining 1 metre apart.   ;D;D

Mike, and Mazi.

Offline cati

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 23 June 20 19:32 BST (UK) »
We are still wondering if it is possible to waltz, quickstep and tango whilst remaining 1 metre apart.   ;D;D

Mike, and Mazi.

The back sway in the tango could be particularly challenging!

(A move known to my parents, who taught ballroom dancing, as "Dip your head in my cocoa")

Cati

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 23 June 20 22:26 BST (UK) »
I can't say that I'm ready yet to come out of hibernation fully. Up to now we've abiding by all the guidelines getting all our groceries by click and collect. We only open the front door to ourselves.

I went to the butcher's today again, for the second time. He has a "one in, one out" system. That was very good.

I imagine we have to ease ourselves back into near-normality. I must admit, it's a bit scary, but I understand that we need to do it.
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 23 June 20 23:12 BST (UK) »

Mike, and Mazi.

As a couple, who presumably live together, the 1 metre + rule doesn't apply to you does it? You just won't be able to take part in a Gentleman's Excuse Me.  ;D
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk