Author Topic: Child Burial  (Read 386 times)

Offline OBrien1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Child Burial
« on: Wednesday 24 June 20 00:57 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

I'm looking for information on where Babies would have been buried in and around 1916.
The child was from Aldborough Square, Off Portland Row North Strand Dublin 1.
Was Glasnevin baby plot there at the time or not.

Regards.
O'Brien
Murtagh
Kavanagh
Kennedy
McGuinness
Pomeroy
Gahan
Nolan
Doyle

Offline rodgepodge

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Child Burial
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 September 20 08:43 BST (UK) »
It would seem the answer to your question is yes. I have an infant ancestor Died 1903 7 months . I went to Glasnevin a couple of years ago looking to find the grave of an Ancestor I knew to be buried there. The lady in the office was most helpful and on looking up details in her computer Found my Great Great Grandfather that I was looking for but also told me of this infant death I wasn't aware of.

Anyway she marked the areas on the small map she gave me. On the map there are TWO what they call 'Angel's Plots', Old and New. My ancestor that died in 1903 is buried in NEW Angel's Plot

Offline OBrien1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Child Burial
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 September 20 08:55 BST (UK) »
It would seem the answer to your question is yes. I have an infant ancestor Died 1903 7 months . I went to Glasnevin a couple of years ago looking to find the grave of an Ancestor I knew to be buried there. The lady in the office was most helpful and on looking up details in her computer Found my Great Great Grandfather that I was looking for but also told me of this infant death I wasn't aware of.

Anyway she marked the areas on the small map she gave me. On the map there are TWO what they call 'Angel's Plots', Old and New. My ancestor that died in 1903 is buried in NEW Angel's Plot

Thank you for the reply.

I have recently found out thats the case also for us.

Many thanks.
O'Brien
Murtagh
Kavanagh
Kennedy
McGuinness
Pomeroy
Gahan
Nolan
Doyle