Author Topic: EXETER : Thomas Walker b. 1544-1628 and Margery (Baker) b. 1548-1622  (Read 2745 times)

Offline jbnorris73

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I just had a question as I cannot find a reliable answer except from the History of Parliament website.https://historyofparliamentonline.org/volume/1660-1690/member/walker-robert-1597-1673
It really does not answer my question, just makes me think of more. My question is this. Did Thomas Walker have a 2nd wife? All of the trees on Ancestry.com list an Alice Foskett as his 2nd wife. But the parliament website only says that his wife Margery was the daughter of John Baker from Thorncomb, Devon and died in 1622. Another website for Exeter for the St Marys Arches church states that there are many effigies of Thomas Walker and his wife Margery including a kneeling statue. Would the Parliament website list any 2nd wife if there was one? His two sons each had two wives and they are listed. Just wondering if someone could answer this so I can take unrelated WALKERS off my Fathers tree.  Thanks so Much!!

Offline DRH123

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: EXETER : Thomas Walker b. 1544-1628 and Margery (Baker) b. 1548-1622
« Reply #1 on: Friday 26 June 20 11:59 BST (UK) »
I don't know anything about Thomas Walker, but I do know the History of Parliament website is far from infallible. In the case of the one MP I've researched (Thomas Bludworth 1620-1682) they do mention his two wives, but they have one name wrong. His birth details are completely wrong, (date, place and father).

But of course trees on Ancestry are even more fallible ...

David

PS. I see now that Thomas is the father of the MP in the article. In that case it would seem quite likely that a second wife would not be mentioned, even if the author knew of her.

Offline irishbrummie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 January 22 21:15 GMT (UK) »
Thomas married Mary Cotton 1st & then Margaret Parkins

Offline irishbrummie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile