Author Topic: Need baptism records  (Read 526 times)

Offline brushbroomstick

• RootsChat Senior
  • John William Vickers & Emma Robson my grandparents
    • View Profile
Need baptism records
« on: Friday 26 June 20 15:04 BST (UK) »
I have baptism records for my Dad and 1of his siblings in St Margarets Nevilles Cross, and a third in St David's Tudhoe . Two others born in Tudhoe Grange I cannot find baptism details for - Jane Ann Broome birth reg. Mar 1896 in Durham and Charles Henry Broome birth reg. June 1898 in Durham. According to the 1911 census there was another sbling who died but I have no way of tracing this as i have no further details.
Broom(e) - Staffs/Shropshire/ Durham
Burnett - Northumberland & Scottish Borders
Dickson - Scottish Borders/ Northumberland
Henry - Londonderry/ Durham
Morrell - Shropshire
Neale - Norfolk/Northumberland
Powell - Shropshire
Robson - Northumberland/Durham
Stott - Northumberland/Durham
Taylor- Holy Island/Bedlington
Vass- Inverness/ Newcastle/ Durham
Vickers- Cumberland/ Durham

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Need baptism records
« Reply #1 on: Friday 26 June 20 15:16 BST (UK) »
The GRO Birth Index gives mother's maiden names and lists Charles Henry Broome's mothers maiden name as Henry - So this could be the child that died?

WILLIAM  SETH BROOME  mmn HENRY     
GRO Ref: 1900  March Qter  DURHAM  Vol 10A  Page 435

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/menu.asp

Kay

Added - He died the same qtr 1900 as he was born

Offline brushbroomstick

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 26 June 20 16:53 BST (UK) »
Thank you for that but this child has father William Seth Broome and Margaret Henry. William Seth snr
was the illigitimate son of my Dad's Grandfather's sister and was his uncle. My dad's Mother was Jane Ann Henry the sister of Margaret.
I am looking for a child of Matthew Thomas Broome and Jane ann Henry, my Grandparents.
Morrell - Shropshire
Powell - Shropshire

Offline Brentor boy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 26 June 20 17:29 BST (UK) »
Looking at the births registered in name of Broome, mmn Henry in Durham 1896-1911 and then comparing with Broome deaths in same time frame and location, two childhood deaths emerge. William Seth, which you have eliminated, and Ernest, born June Q 1901, died September Q 1901. Could this be you missing child?

Offline JayG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 26 June 20 18:37 BST (UK) »
I have baptism records for my Dad and 1of his siblings in St Margarets Nevilles Cross, and a third in St David's Tudhoe . Two others born in Tudhoe Grange I cannot find baptism details for - Jane Ann Broome birth reg. Mar 1896 in Durham and Charles Henry Broome birth reg. June 1898 in Durham. According to the 1911 census there was another sbling who died but I have no way of tracing this as i have no further details.

Where have you found details of baptisms at St David's?  I've never found any baptism records for this church and the only parish registers I know that exist are banns and marriages from 1966/1967.

My relatives born around Tudhoe Grange were baptised at Holy Innocents, Tudhoe and St Andrew's, Tudhoe Grange.  The odd few appear at St Paul's, Spennymoor or one of the many Methodist Churches that existed at the time.

Jay

Offline brushbroomstick

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 27 June 20 19:01 BST (UK) »
I got the baptism of my Aunt Gladys Broome from her Baptism record , which I have . It was on 31st Aug 1910 and was performed by Thomas ormsby Douglas , Vicar of Tudhoe.
Morrell - Shropshire
Powell - Shropshire

Online Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 27 June 20 20:01 BST (UK) »

Where have you found details of baptisms at St David's?  I've never found any baptism records for this church and the only parish registers I know that exist are banns and marriages from 1966/1967.

My relatives born around Tudhoe Grange were baptised at Holy Innocents, Tudhoe and St Andrew's, Tudhoe Grange.  The odd few appear at St Paul's, Spennymoor or one of the many Methodist Churches that existed at the time.

Jay

Family Search have an typewritten index of baptisms at Holy Innocents, complied from the parish register.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSJJ-3DXQ?i=333&cat=1188269

The baptism record that brushbroomstick has for Gladys Broome on 31 Aug 1910 is listed in there
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSJJ-3ZJH?i=340&cat=1188269

'Perhaps', as St Davids was originally a chapel of ease for Holy Innocents (and I am unsure if /when it became a parish in its own right) the baptisms 'at' St David's were recorded in the main register held at Holly Innocents ?

Either that or the baptism registers for St Davids have never been deposited and are still at the church.

Boo