Author Topic: Diary > Monday 29th June  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Monday 29th June
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 30 June 20 20:12 BST (UK) »
So far as l could make out, it is cabbage and rice in spices topped with a fried egg.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 30 June 20 20:17 BST (UK) »
Got that one entirely wrong didn't I?!  :D Think I'll give it a miss, cabbage and I were never the best of friends.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 01 July 20 00:11 BST (UK) »
Louisa Maud - I'm so very sorry to hear about your family bereavement and even more so that you actually had a dream about it.... I can understand how difficult that must have been for you. Only time can heal and hope you're able to talk to someone about your feelings as this can be of great help. We're all suffering in one way or another during these times and it's hard when you're not able to visit freely to comfort those that remain. 

Pharma - your Korean dish sounds quite appealing... like Roobarb I thought it was something Scottish.... having Scottish relatives too it wasn't one I'd heard of and now we know it's not a dish from Scotland!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 01 July 20 07:16 BST (UK) »
Louisa Maud - I'm so very sorry to hear about your family bereavement and even more so that you actually had a dream about it.... I can understand how difficult that must have been for you. Only time can heal and hope you're able to talk to someone about your feelings as this can be of great help. We're all suffering in one way or another during these times and it's hard when you're not able to visit freely to comfort those that remain. 

Pharma - your Korean dish sounds quite appealing... like Roobarb I thought it was something Scottish.... having Scottish relatives too it wasn't one I'd heard of and now we know it's not a dish from Scotland!

Caroline

I like cooking a lot of different recipes, I taught myself to cook and use a variety of cook books and google recipes.  Making Nyonya later, chicken and green beans cooked in spices, coconut milk.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 01 July 20 09:34 BST (UK) »
You're very adventurous PharmaT,  it's good to have something different.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales