Author Topic: Recreation of Lost PRO Records Progressing Well  (Read 733 times)

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline Nettie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • You can choose your friends but not your relations
    • View Profile
Re: Recreation of Lost PRO Records Progressing Well
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 30 June 20 08:02 BST (UK) »
That's exciting news. Thanks for sharing, Wexflyer.
Researching: Cronin / Nolan - Gortadrislig, Kerry
Finn/Clifford - Callinafercy and Scort, Kerry
Spillane - Milltown
Also:- Byrne / Tyrrell - Dublin

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 30 June 20 13:58 BST (UK) »
I guess what they can't do is reproduce the Birth, Marriage and Death certificates, which is what I'm interested in to do more research on part of my husband's family from the 1800s-mid 1900s.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 30 June 20 15:52 BST (UK) »
I guess what they can't do is reproduce the Birth, Marriage and Death certificates, which is what I'm interested in to do more research on part of my husband's family from the 1800s-mid 1900s.
No BMD certs were lost in the fire.
Freely available here https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/civil-search.jsp although not all images are online yet.

What was lost
https://www.irish-genealogy-toolkit.com/irish-records-burned.html

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 30 June 20 17:10 BST (UK) »
Not to poo poo this, for it's seriously welcome news.  But to set reasonable expectations for those reading this topic who are researching Irish family, my initial understanding is that this will not in any way materially redress the huge loss of census returns in the 1922 fire (ie. the 1821/31/41/51 census returns, bar the fragments) or the huge loss of other census returns for other reasons (ie. the 1861/71/81/91 census returns). Happy to be corrected on this census matter.  :)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 30 June 20 17:31 BST (UK) »
Not to poo poo this, for it's seriously welcome news.  But to set reasonable expectations for those reading this topic who are researching Irish family, my initial understanding is that this will not in any way materially redress the huge loss of census returns in the 1922 fire (ie. the 1821/31/41/51 census returns, bar the fragments) or the huge loss of other census returns for other reasons (ie. the 1861/71/81/91 census returns). Happy to be corrected on this census matter.  :)

Your correct, they can't replace lost records just collect up all the replacement/copies/alterative records available scattered about in different archives and put them digitally back in the Records Office. If as in the case of the Censuses there was nothing else where than they won't have it.

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 30 June 20 18:50 BST (UK) »

Your correct, they can't replace lost records just collect up all the replacement/copies/alterative records available scattered about in different archives and put them digitally back in the Records Office. If as in the case of the Censuses there was nothing else where than they won't have it.

Thank you.  :)....

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 30 June 20 19:56 BST (UK) »

The principles of quantum determinism and reversibility mean that information cannot be lost!
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area