Author Topic: Murray Lincoln's Inn Registers  (Read 753 times)

Offline Lynne Murray

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Murray Lincoln's Inn Registers
« Reply #18 on: Monday 31 August 20 06:56 BST (UK) »
Hello Book Box,
Thank you for all your help.
I ordered:
James Murray Death 1850 and yes this is the James that married Mary Mason.
Addresses same. 10 King Street, South St Giles.
Ellen Murray born 28/8/1839 same family (this is james Murray and mary mason dau)
I did order the Daniel Murray Birth Certificate (hoping it was the later named James but unfortunately no this is not our james.

I am a little closer ... appreciate your help.
Baptism at Holy Family (Roman Catholic), Saffron Hill, Holborn
(translated from Latin)

I will try and follow up some how On the James Murray - "17th day of February 1856 was born, and on the 2nd day of March 1856 was baptised, James Murrey, son of Michael Murrey and Joanna Murrey (formerly Brien), married couple; godfather was John Brien, godmother was Mary Lorden[?]
By me, Cornelius James Keens"

No birth registration found.

Offline jbml

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 31 August 20 08:55 BST (UK) »
This is SUCH a heart-warming thread ... seeing all the RootsChatters rallying round like this to help out a fellow researcher in far-off Australia.

Having just had a similar effort put in for me by the New Zealand RootsChatters to solve ... in a matter of hours ... the mystery of how a great x3 grandfather that I had been unable to "kill off" met his end (he emigrated to New Zealand in 1881, and died in 1884 by falling off a railway bridge in the dark and drowning in the river below ... my third cousin's note in her grandfather's hand saying "great grandfather astronomer, died falling off a cliff" now appears to be a garbled account of this event) I know JUST how amazing this sort of help can be.

This is a WONDERFUL community, full of selfless people willing to put themselves out (sometimes to quite a considerable extent) to help fellow travellers on the same journey but parallel roads. We should celebrate this more often.

Well done, everyone!
All identified names up to and including my great x5 grandparents: Abbot Andrews Baker Blenc(h)ow Brothers Burrows Chambers Clifton Cornwell Escott Fisher Foster Frost Giddins Groom Hardwick Harris Hart Hayho(e) Herman Holcomb(e) Holmes Hurley King-Spooner Martindale Mason Mitchell Murphy Neves Oakey Packman Palmer Peabody Pearce Pettit(t) Piper Pottenger Pound Purkis Rackliff(e) Richardson Scotford Sherman Sinden Snear Southam Spooner Stephenson Varing Weatherley Webb Whitney Wiles Wright

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 31 August 20 10:12 BST (UK) »
I will try and follow up some how On the James Murray - "17th day of February 1856 was born, and on the 2nd day of March 1856 was baptised, James Murrey, son of Michael Murrey and Joanna Murrey (formerly Brien), married couple; godfather was John Brien, godmother was Mary Lorden[?]
By me, Cornelius James Keens"

Thanks for posting an update. I'm glad you've got some results.

You may find that the baptism will be the only proof of James' parentage. Many births in the metropolitan area were not registered at this period, particularly in the Catholic community, who tended to focus on baptism as the more important event.

Offline Lynne Murray

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 01 September 20 09:21 BST (UK) »
May I ask - is there a register same parents but for daughter eLLEN 1854 please.
XXXX

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 01 September 20 13:14 BST (UK) »
May I ask - is there a register same parents but for daughter eLLEN 1854 please.
XXXX

There is nothing for Ellen recorded at Saffron Hill.

Baptisms there to parents Michael and Joanna (Brien or O’Brien) are:

James 1856
Joanna 1859
Catherine 1862
Margaret 1864
Michael 1868