Author Topic: Residents of 22 Tregunter Rd Sth Kensignton circa 1919.  (Read 1338 times)

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Residents of 22 Tregunter Rd Sth Kensignton circa 1919.
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 12 August 20 22:24 BST (UK) »
Hi
Sorry about the certificate. Hopefully Catherine will be found before too long! :-\

Wonderful photo of her, a lovely lady.
Do you know when her mother Mary died?
John

Offline grizzly1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 13 August 20 12:19 BST (UK) »
Hi
Sorry about the certificate. Hopefully Catherine will be found before too long! :-\

Wonderful photo of her, a lovely lady.
Do you know when her mother Mary died?
John
Thank you John, regs her mothers death that is another mystery, from correspondence from Kitty she was in Naas Hospital (Kildare/Ireland) on the 22 December 1919, a lady called Mrs Heffernan seems to have been acting as the go-between, one letter dated 22-12-1919 reads.
Dear Mrs Heffernan,
Those papers came to Mrs Delaney. She is not capable of understanding them, perhaps you know about them, she has not heard anything about her Daughter as you know, the weakness comes very frequently on her lately.
Wishing you all good wishes for Thomas and Mary.
signed Sr M Anthony.

I did carry out some research as to who Mrs Heffernan may have been and I came up with a 'Possibilty' that she may have been a local postmistress/friend, it was common to have mail directed to the local post-office and then have a letter 'read to' the receiptent due to illiteracy.

I have seen several death entries circa 1920-1930 and none seem to be match to her Mothers,its possible that the hospital did not register her death (not uncommon due to the troubled era in Ireland at the time) 

Offline kiwiweez

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 26 September 20 04:44 BST (UK) »
Edward Louis Priggen was the son of my great grandmothers brother.  Just thought I would add to this page.