Author Topic: Looking for Annie Hollis 1891  (Read 685 times)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Annie Hollis 1891
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 02 July 20 22:03 BST (UK) »
Fantastic find Ladyhawk - well done👏 In 1851 her father Thomas was a journeyman miller
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 02 July 20 22:59 BST (UK) »
Brilliant work indeed.

John

Offline Beavances

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 03 July 20 15:52 BST (UK) »
I am amazed that you have found that information ( on two accounts) , I really had thought I had tried every possibility of Ann/Annie & Hollis Holiss etc etc. Thankyou for persevering , I am really pleased to be able to see what happened to her.

The second reason for my surprise is that I now realise that I have 'met' Annie before. Last year I was researching someone from this same village,  ( called Louisa France -  Annie married one of her sons, yes ..the same marriage I was stumped with yesterday ...the same William France) Some big loose ends tying up very neatly for me here!

It seems that Annie's  life was very interwoven with three brothers. She had illegitimate children with one brother no.1, them married  brother no.2 servant and had more children. Some years later  one of those children married the child of another brother no 3.

I would never have got to that conclusion without your help. Thankyou all for the searching you have done.