Poll

Will you be visiting the newly opened Pubs and Restuarants this Weekend?

Not on your Aunt Nelly!
39 (68.4%)
Here I come! Make mine a pint!
4 (7%)
Perhaps next week.... Or the week after.
14 (24.6%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Voting closed: Monday 13 July 20 00:32 BST (UK)

Author Topic: Going Down The Pub?  (Read 5850 times)

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Going Down The Pub?
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 07 July 20 08:58 BST (UK) »
Probably no different to supermarkets really.  Bet some of the people who are in there subsequently have a positive test although they are a-symptomatic  but as you don't give details at the door then no checking/tracing done.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline antonymark

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 07 July 20 09:44 BST (UK) »
Sad to hear about those pub closures. Must be a real knockback for the staff and customers. I wish them well and hope they can quickly be tested clear, deep clean and open again.

A steady increase in numbers coming to see us. With the extra safety measures the delivery of service feels ponderously slow but everyone very accepting and cooperative.

Take care all, Tony.
Hoare, Milsted, Peacock, Herbert, Crampin, McIlroy, Holden, Hilton, Fawcett.

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 07 July 20 11:16 BST (UK) »
Probably no different to supermarkets really.  Bet some of the people who are in there subsequently have a positive test although they are a-symptomatic  but as you don't give details at the door then no checking/tracing done.

Pheno

Quite so. So why do the pubs have to close?

Sad to hear about those pub closures. Must be a real knockback for the staff and customers. I wish them well and hope they can quickly be tested clear, deep clean and open again.

A steady increase in numbers coming to see us. With the extra safety measures the delivery of service feels ponderously slow but everyone very accepting and cooperative.

Take care all, Tony.

Have you been told that you will have to close down if a customer rings to say they have tested positive? How would you even know that it was a genuine phone call? I would have thought the customer who tested positive would have to tell Track and Trace about his/her movements, who would then inform the pub.

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline antonymark

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 08 July 20 11:51 BST (UK) »

Have you been told that you will have to close down if a customer rings to say they have tested positive? How would you even know that it was a genuine phone call? I would have thought the customer who tested positive would have to tell Track and Trace about his/her movements, who would then inform the pub.

Regards Margaret

Hi Margaret,

As far as I understand it a call from a customer saying that they have tested positive will not plunge us into immediate closure. Contact will come via Track and Trace who will  be given access to the records that have been collected from guests. Perhaps we have a rootschatter with knowledge of how a public health investigation proceeds from that point?

We are all on 'flexible furlough' and it will be possible that we could  be in and out of closure especially if the town goes into a local lockdown like the one in Leicester.

Tony.
Hoare, Milsted, Peacock, Herbert, Crampin, McIlroy, Holden, Hilton, Fawcett.

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Searching,forever searching!!!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Friday 10 July 20 19:14 BST (UK) »
Re Post #29 - a couple of our favourite eating places in west Wales are preparing outside eating facilities and have been booked for when we are away. Others we may have to try for the first time. Fingers crossed the weather is good, still we have appropriate clothing.
Our pubs, cafes, restaurants may be able to open for inside custom on 3rd August if all goes well.
 :)
Humphreys; originating in Montgomeryshire and spreading out locally, nationally and internationally.
"Yma o hyd".

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 25 July 20 11:30 BST (UK) »
Hello All

We have just started venturing out socially when it is quietest and been warm and sunny.

After having a long term illness for years, my recent brain scan shows there has been no further damage from my previous scan.

My only real gripe is I couldn't get a Covid antibody test even as an Outpatient, after my body was attacked with awful itching, stinging in my legs, rash, spots, chicken pox like blotches and swellings.

We've been on several local rural walks recently and as lockdown was released had already begun wearing a mask in food shops.

We had a really nice midday meal in the back garden of our local pub, the nearest table was about 4 metres away, we had a super time and never once did I feel threatened, nor did I see a lack of care by others.

All the best and good health, Mark

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 25 July 20 11:41 BST (UK) »
"After having a long term illness for years, my recent brain scan shows there has been no further damage from my previous scan."

That is really good news Mark, keep up the good work

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Saturday 25 July 20 12:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks Louisa

Looking at the Night Nurse and Vapo Rub receipt dates I had the chest trouble back in November & January 2020, it was like having the most awful bronchitis I had as a boy and the awful itching started as the second bronchal wave was clearing, looking at my Epaderm receipt.

I wouldn't be surprised if a potent strain of Covid was already circulating 2019 in the UK.

I hope your man is doing well!

Best wishes Mark

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Saturday 25 July 20 15:07 BST (UK) »
We had a drive around Bury and Heywood (north of Manchester) at around 8pm on Saturday and everything looked very civilized, including the three Wetherspoons pubs too.

There was a police presence from a distance, and overlooked by a statue of their founder Robert Peel.
I trust that "Bobby" has remained safe from vandalism.
Cowban