Author Topic: Ethel Hibbert b. 1892, dau. of Samuel Hibbert and Annie Prosser  (Read 983 times)

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Ethel Hibbert b. 1892, dau. of Samuel Hibbert and Annie Prosser
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 05 July 20 20:42 BST (UK) »
Ladyhawk, thank you for the information but I do not believe my Ethel was b. in Yorkshire.  As I mentioned, I have a DNA connection with her father Samuel so believe she is the one related to me.

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 05 July 20 20:44 BST (UK) »
from FindMyPast
Record Transcription:
1871 England, Wales & Scotland Census
Northend, Leigh, Martley, Worcestershire, England - all excpt Annie & Julia born Malvern

England & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index, 1837-1915
BIRTH, BAPTISM & CHRISTENING

Annie Prosser Birth    10/1869 Martley Worcestershire

Thank you for help, Lancsann, I can now search for Annie under this birthplace and in 1939 with her birth year (and assuming a birth month of October)

Offline lancsann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 06 July 20 14:52 BST (UK) »
I think when it says 10/1869 it is a peculiarity of Ancestry to display it like that. Freebmd says in the normal way ie Oct/Nov/Dec qtr

Births Dec 1869   (>99%)
Prosser    Annie        Martley    6c   296   

I have not managed to find a baptism for her

sorry I was working on the iPad and could not manage to copy the FREEBMD version

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 06 July 20 14:59 BST (UK) »
I think when it says 10/1869 it is a peculiarity of Ancestry to display it like that. Freebmd says in the normal way ie Oct/Nov/Dec qtr

Births Dec 1869   (>99%)
Prosser    Annie        Martley    6c   296   

I have not managed to find a baptism for her

sorry I was working on the iPad and could not manage to copy the FREEBMD version

I did check the 1901 census under Ann/Annie b. in Martley with a year range around her birth year. No luck :(, she seems to have vanished.
I wonder if she went off to N.A. or Oz/NZ with another man, and Ethel took the "stepfather's" name.
Perhaps my only hope is a DNA connection.

Offline lancsann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 06 July 20 15:15 BST (UK) »
Annie's father Richard appears to have died in July 1901 in Lymm

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 01 August 20 15:55 BST (UK) »
I am pretty sure I have found Ethel Hibbert, daughter of Samuel Hibbert and Annie Prosser! 
I was having a look at my Hibbert DNA matches on Anc and noticed one that had a tiny bit of information in a hidden tree.  I was able to access it and then using every trick I could with name spellings, etc. discovered the match is a great-grandchild of Ethel.  This match also matches with another person who descends from Samuel’s second marriage.
Ethel married MarQ 1910, Newport M, John Thomas.  In 1911 they are living in Barry, Glamorganshire, with a daughter Annie Louisa, b. 1911.  Ethel, listed as 22, did add 3 years to her age, but as John was 36 she might Have pretended to be older than she was.
Still no luck finding her mother.  No one found in 1939 but some evidence that there might have been emigration to Australia.