Author Topic: Diary > Sunday 5th July  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Sunday 5th July
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 09 July 20 08:47 BST (UK) »
Thanks RTL.
You are right we can never know the "grand plan" if indeed there is such a thing.
It was crazy, he phoned me drugged up with painkillers while I was flat on my bed in the hospital.  Thankfully we are both over it now.

Sad for you that after suffering the horrible experience yourself, your sister went through worse, but hopefully you were able to help her some.  :-*

BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 09 July 20 09:15 BST (UK) »
I'm pleased to hear that despite what you've both been through RTL & Mowsehowse you are still very much with us and that must be a godsend to your families too.
The saying 'there for the grace of God go I' springs to mind... I'm not a particularly religious person but probably the only time I've fervently asked for anything was when my youngest grandson was born and quite poorly having to have a lumber puncture at a day old, I asked that I would rather die than anything happen to him.....
Two weeks later I was in hospital with sepsis..... the only time, apart from having my children, I've ever been in hospital!
So another saying ' be careful what you wish for' came and bit me on the backside well and truely...
We both survived and are here to tell the tale!
It took me a year to recover but I think it's made me think that I took it on the chin for him and we both still have a lot to do in this life and that's why we're both here...
Not sure what purpose I was saved for but his is a young life and very precious to our family.
Blimy that's enough moralising for today I think!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 09 July 20 09:31 BST (UK) »
For me to have gotten to the age of a free TV licence, for how long?, I feel fortunate, both my parents lived to be in their 80's but I do not sit here thinking I will reach that age, considering I wasn't expected to live at birth every day of course has been some sort of a bonus although I don't dwell on it at all but sometimes it just crosses my mind

So, all you Rootschatters keep up the good work, keep us all going with your news and chat plus the extra humour thrown in

Take care folks

Louisa Maud

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 09 July 20 10:43 BST (UK) »
Gnashing of teeth!! I just wrote a reply and it disappeared!!  >:(

It was good as well.... and now I can't do it again.

So many of us have had such problems, and so much gratitude to the NHS, (although I think Louisa must have squeaked in before the advent of the NHS).  I count myself very lucky.

Have a good day all.  :-*

BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 09 July 20 11:48 BST (UK) »
Yes, I squeaked in twice before the NHS started, I had scarlet fever and mumps in , think it was 1947,  how my mum and dad paid for my 9 weeks in hospital I do not know,  didn't see my mum and dad or my twin brother in tbe whole of that  time, don't  think it affected my life

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 09 July 20 13:49 BST (UK) »
Wow.
H was in a hospital for weeks aged around 3.
He can remember some of it, and it has left some lasting effects on his psyche. 
Perhaps it is very connected to age.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 09 July 20 14:37 BST (UK) »
Wouldn't be allowed now

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London