Author Topic: Post viral effects  (Read 37548 times)

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Searching,forever searching!!!.
    • View Profile
Re: Post viral effects
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 02 December 20 19:18 GMT (UK) »
Certainly is......unless you're one of those doom-mongers, whose 20-20 hindsight has been incredible. They'll have one less thing to moan about  ;D

Are you sure?. This could give them one more thing to moan about ...... or perhaps several more. Anyway, I'll be there to have my vaccination as soon as I'm invited. In a few days I should/may move up one tier because I have a significant birthday coming up.
However, we will have to wait a while for the situation to improve.
 :)
Humphreys; originating in Montgomeryshire and spreading out locally, nationally and internationally.
"Yma o hyd".

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 02 December 20 19:19 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the nice thoughts.

The virus has left behind damage inside my mouth some of which can be seen visually and other damage detected by x-ray.

My body no longer maintains 37 degrees C and also fluctuates. I couldn't keep warm and was experiencing certain signs bordering on hypothermia. It seems my body lowering my temperature (the virus having gone) was to provoke a response to aid recovery from complications. I will ask more about it when I go back.

I'd already had suspected Covid / SARS 2 complications and went for an MRI brain scan in June. It was decided to look there, due to a pre-existing condition, but nothing showed up and I continued to feel unwell.

Most people get over Covid-19 like a common cold, but like any illness some occasionally get complications which follow on.

Mark

Offline Top-of-the-hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 02 December 20 20:54 GMT (UK) »
  A friend of my daughter, a healthy woman in young middle-age, was quite ill, developed long covid, and has been told that her lungs are damaged.
  Mark, you are really suffering - I hope things gradually improve.
Pay, Kent
Codham/Coltham, Kent
Kent, Felton, Essex
Staples, Wiltshire

Offline IgorStrav

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Arthur Pay 1915-2002 "handsome bu**er"
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 02 December 20 21:38 GMT (UK) »
Yes, best wishes to you Mark, for your recovery 
Pay, Kent. 
Barham, Kent. 
Cork(e), Kent. 
Cooley, Kent.
Barwell, Rutland/Northants/Greenwich.
Cotterill, Derbys.
Van Steenhoven/Steenhoven/Hoven, Nord Brabant/Belgium/East London.
Kesneer Belgium/East London
Burton, East London.
Barlow, East London
Wayling, East London
Wade, Greenwich/Brightlingsea, Essex.
Thorpe, Brightlingsea, Essex

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 02 December 20 22:25 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, I have been trying to telephone my GP Surgery during today, but the line has been engaged all the time. We have heard rumours they are conducting telephone appointments up to 10:30 pm in the evening, but the line is engaged, to book a Telephone Appointment to discuss things.

I only had a temperature of 35 deg C. when checked.

In some cases the virus has entered gum/s, killing roots and nerves of teeth, the tooth/teeth then die and become decayed underneath and start to break up.

My body has been left with a response and also my mouth is affected.

They are confident they can deal with my teeth and have an appointment, but my body's response will take a while to get better.

All the best, Mark

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 03 December 20 18:34 GMT (UK) »
Gosh Mark, the more we hear, the worse your symptons seem to be.

I'm a great believer that positive thoughts can overcome most obstacles, so I've sending positive thoughts of obliterating your corona invaders.
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 04 December 20 09:32 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Rena

I'm hopeful, I want to get through this, especially as I have got this far.

The virus has left behind some nasty or unpleasant calling cards in those who survived at home and in hospital
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-long-term-health-effects/covid-19-long-term-health-effects

The NHS are working so hard and we are really thankful!

I have an appointment to go back next week.

I'm having no trouble falling asleep and sleeping through the night, even if I've had a sleep in the afternoon or dosed off in the evening.

Take care, Mark

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 04 December 20 13:18 GMT (UK) »
If you were of the generation when children were given a teaspoonful of awful tasting cod liver oil a day, then you'll remember you were never ill.

One of my offspring keeps me supplied with fish oil capsules which contain Vitamin D and that vitamin helps the body absorb Calcium for bones and teeth.

Personally, for the Vit D dose,  I think I'd prefer to have an occasional meal consisting of tinned salmon sprinkled with vinegar - yum.
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 04 December 20 16:15 GMT (UK) »
Vitamin D and that vitamin helps the body absorb Calcium for bones and teeth.
But it also aids the immune system, especially for respiratory diseases.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON