Author Topic: Post viral effects  (Read 2325 times)

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Post viral effects
« Reply #36 on: Friday 04 December 20 16:54 GMT (UK) »
My haematologist decided some time ago to test my vitamin d levels and I was surprised to discover that, although I eat a good balanced diet and am outdoors a lot when the weather is favourable, my levels were very low. So since then I have taken a supplement.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 04 December 20 16:58 GMT (UK) »
There's a special offer on of Vit D tablets (1 = daily requirement)

PS - I've taken a real liking to Scandinavian style pickled/soused, herring which are a change from salmon
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 04 December 20 22:47 GMT (UK) »
Vitamin D and that vitamin helps the body absorb Calcium for bones and teeth.
But it also aids the immune system, especially for respiratory diseases.

I forgot to mention that - funny because I've got COPD lol
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy<br />MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell<br />Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar
Ross, Urray:Mackenzie<br />Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell<br />Perthshire: Brown Ferguson<br />Wales: McCarthy, Thomas<br />England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells<br />Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grandma's 1920 School Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 05 December 20 11:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Thank you very much Rena, Josey, Jen & Gadget about Vitamin D.

Sorry to hear you have COPD Rena.

Some Scientists believe Vitamin D is good for repairing damaged nerves.

Fortunately we have had a good diet for many years.

One of the days each week is Salmon, with boiled potables and freshly cooked veg.
Another day we have Fish with home-made chips cooked in Frylight spray and peas.
Today is Brunch with eggs which seem to be good.
One day is homemade beefburgers made from Lean mince.
All other days, a Red meat (a joint we make it last two days) with potatoes and several freshly cooked veg.
 ----------
NICE are currently working on a set of Guidance for UK GPs on how to treat Post-covid Syndrome.

In the Summer I had an insect bite in the garden and after 48 hrs my legs and arms were red and was prescribed Penicillin to take as a last resort, which I did and rash came back more and itching increased.

The Surgeon feels my body rash, iching and stinging is the after effect of Covid.

It seems my body has developed reactions to white wine and sherry.

Had some odd reactions sometimes at meal times, feeling hungry, with a reflux, so I am eating a nice fruit Yoghurt first, then I can eat my meal  :)

I have been told people have been left with gum and teeth trouble.

Mark

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Sooty why won't you come in?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 05 December 20 11:45 GMT (UK) »
"Fortunately we have had a good diet for many years."
Like JenB I have a very good diet, fresh air & exercise but about 5 years ago was found to have low calcium & vit D levels which were checked after a fracture [which had been due to what was termed medically a 'catastrophic' fall]. I was put on calcium & vit D3 supplement straight away & have taken it ever since. 

What I am saying is that a good diet [even with plenty of dairy foods, green vegetables & pulses] does not guarantee an adequate blood vit D level. Remember you also need an adequate supply of magnesium too so that the parathyroid can activate the vit D.
Seeking: baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 said to be nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Nova Scotia [Halifax, Pictou]: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grandma's 1920 School Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 05 December 20 18:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Josey

Don't worry  :) , I can cross Vitamin D off, I had an itchy rash response.

I needed it a year ago, but we the Public were oblivious back then to what was coming, I even changed back to my previous trusted soap powder, washing all my clean clothes, bed linen and everything else too in February with extra plain water rinses, but it made no difference.

I was prescribed a Steroid Cream on 16th March to try and control the rash pain etc.

Mark

Online Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 05 December 20 20:38 GMT (UK) »

The Surgeon feels my body rash, iching and stinging is the after effect of Covid.

I'm a bit puzzled about why you ascribe this massive array of nasty symptoms to COVID, when you have never had a positive test. From what you've said before, you have been suffering strange symptoms for years.
"No vegetable grows in vain.."