Author Topic: ANTONI PARADOWSKI  (Read 1101 times)

Offline Elliven

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ANTONI PARADOWSKI
« Reply #9 on: Friday 10 July 20 18:39 BST (UK) »
Almost all the men whose families I have tried to trace were in 304 (Polish) Squadron during WW2 and I have received two awards from Poland and the Polish Community in Britain and I have been made an honorary member of the 44th Naval Aviation Division - who, in post-Communist Poland, fly the same anti-submarine flights carried out by 304 Squadron.

But the best rewards I ever receive are the face to face meetings with the families I help.  Nothing gives you such a buzz when you succeed and meet the people whose fathers and grandfathers you have researched.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 10 July 20 18:54 BST (UK) »
Oh what a brilliant thing to do!! Well Done...you deserve your accolades. Without people like you, many WW2 servicemen would go unrecognised.
If there was a gold star emoji. I would give you one.
Keep up the good work.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline AnthonyKozak

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 07 August 21 08:15 BST (UK) »
Almost all the men whose families I have tried to trace were in 304 (Polish) Squadron during WW2 and I have received two awards from Poland and the Polish Community in Britain and I have been made an honorary member of the 44th Naval Aviation Division - who, in post-Communist Poland, fly the same anti-submarine flights carried out by 304 Squadron.

But the best rewards I ever receive are the face to face meetings with the families I help.  Nothing gives you such a buzz when you succeed and meet the people whose fathers and grandfathers you have researched.

I can’t describe the feeling that I have when I discovered that other people have taken such interest into my grandfathers military career.

Offline AnthonyKozak

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 07 August 21 08:20 BST (UK) »
Thank you.  It will be nice also to pass these on to his family when I find them.  He and his wife are both deceased but he had a son and a daughter in Toronto as recently as 5 years ago.  I have lots of information and, now, 2 decent photos to give them.

Hi there! My name is Anthony Kozak and Toni was my grandfather. He is survived by my mother Helmi and my aunt Lorraine. There was no son, only the two daughters and I am the only remaining grandchild to date. I want to thank each and everyone of you who have contributed to my grandfathers legacy (as short as it may be) I’m so grateful to have found that so many of you have found great interest in his military career.

Offline Elliven

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 07 August 21 11:16 BST (UK) »
Hello Anthony,

My original intention was to add your Grandfather to my tribute site for 304 Squadron but I just don't have enough information to write his story YET!  As you have seen, I have his photograph and that will go on permanent display.  This is what I do have:
Antoni Paradowski
Service No 784203.
Born on 4th June 1919
At Kostograj, Płock, Poland
Died on 30th August 2011
At Toronto, Ontario, Canada
British rank: Warrant Officer
Polish rank: St. sierżant
Trade: Air Gunner
Served with 304 Squadron
Medals awarded 2 x Krzyz Walecznych (Cross of Valour), 3 x Medal Lotniczy plus British campaign medals

I also have brief reports of all 40 of his hostile anti-submarine flights (he was with 304 Squadron for 2 days short of a year (11th January 1944- 9th January 1945).  In addition, I have copies of the hand written Squadron records of his arrival and departure.

When I can fill in the details of before and after his time with 304 Squadron, he will take his rightful place on my tribute site which has, so far,received over 260,000 hits from 150 countries.

Any help you can give me (copy photographs and documents or details of where he was until January 1944 or after January 1945) will speed up the whole process.

Neville Bougourd

Offline AnthonyKozak

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 14 August 21 05:09 BST (UK) »
I will try my best to find any missing records from my grandfathers service.

Thanks again for all the work and research you’ve put in.

-Anthony