Author Topic: Windows 10 copy and paste  (Read 663 times)

Offline tomkin

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 10 copy and paste
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 07 July 20 14:31 BST (UK) »
            I'm not sure as I understand but I press ctrl and keep it pressed and highlight by moving the mouse with the left mouse button pressed.  It takes a bit of juggling not to include everything on the
posting. When I'm satisfied with what I've highlighted, I release the mouse button and press Ctrl + C.
and release. The highlighted items should be copied and remain until you do a new function.

Position the cursor  where you want the copy to be placed and press Ctrl + V.

If this does not answer your question ,please ignore my comments ;D ;D ;D ;D

I use Windows 10 ::) ::) ::)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 07 July 20 14:44 BST (UK) »
Does that work with a PAF file changing the copied info from a column to a row, Tomkin??

I interpret what you've described as a straight C&P which is not what bodger wants :-\
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline tomkin

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 07 July 20 16:04 BST (UK) »
On July 15, 2013, PAF was retired and is no longer available for download or support. Current PAF users may continue to use the software on their personal computers or they may prefer to switch to another product.

That's why I said I didn't understand.  I don't use it. :D :D :D

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 07 July 20 16:39 BST (UK) »
I remember using it years and years ago when FS  put up the 1880 census. I thought it was awful so used another program.  It was based on old hierarchical database structures, I think. Parent-child, etc.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline bodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • bodger sen. jun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 07 July 20 16:54 BST (UK) »
Reading between the lines of your and Tomkins comments, do i feel that  i should perhaps transfer all my data if possible to another source ?, if so who/what do you suggest ?. ive about 4000 name on the list so it's not very large, I have a tree copy on Find My Past that i update annually ,.
                                                                             Thank you, bodger
Attenborough, Bacon,Melbourne, Thorpe, Ride,Simpson/ Derbyshire, Judson,Bacon,/Keighley,
Lockett/ Manchester, Harling/ Lancaster & Manchester

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 07 July 20 17:11 BST (UK) »
I've always kept mine off line and use Family Historian. There are quite a few so it would be worth looking around. I think there are various threads on here discussing the merits of each of them.

e.g  https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=780482.0

Also

https://www.family-tree.co.uk/how-to-guides/which-genealogy-software-should-i-use/

I have a small direct line tree linked to my Ancestry DNA data.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 07 July 20 17:35 BST (UK) »
PS

I wouldn't necessarily move your tree from PAF if you're happy with it.  Can't you just put a url link to the relevant entries?