Author Topic: Diary - Tuesday 7th July  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Tuesday 7th July
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 09 July 20 08:27 BST (UK) »
I've not done any family history to speak of ... had some info re DNA but none I recognise and most don't link to trees so almost pointless!
Caroline

Quite so Caroline..... I had this message: 
"this means, that we are cousins, somehow. It seems, that she was either one of 150 great-grandchildren of our common ancestors, or one of their 350 gr-gr-grandchildren.  :P
We just have to find the connection...."  :-\

Which explains why I have sooooooo many DNA matches and not a clue who's who!!  :D

I know the feeling... I could loose the will to live trying to search through and find these people!

Me too. 
If I am honest I suspect that most people have a DNA test imagining that will present them with a full tree back to Charlemagne.
I have found that even people who have name matches had no idea where the link came, so I have given up contacting people, though of course I would respond if anyone contacted me.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 09 July 20 09:37 BST (UK) »
Yes, thank you.  :)
He still doesn't have the full movement he had before, but the plan was, around xmas, to open it all again, and "scrape out" the scar tissue to make space for proper mending.
The very thought of it made my toes curl, and it must have been a horrible several months for him anticipating that operation and more recovery time.
Thankfully, at the consultation it was decided his recovery was good enough not to require the operation, which was such a huge relief to me, I bet it was EPIC for him!

Good gracious Mowsehowse that must have been some accident he had... I'll bet you're very relieved he's not got to go through any more... and it must be equally be so for him too...

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 09 July 20 11:12 BST (UK) »
Oh YES Caroline.... I have much to be thankful for.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 09 July 20 22:32 BST (UK) »
Well ,it must be very upsetting and a great worry when family members have bad accidents,especially in these difficult times.
 I was spared all that !
My OH never lifted a hammer but once in his life!
He nailed some shelves to the wall in our newly purchased house when we were getting married.
“  They will  be OK as long as you do not put any weight on them”.
It was a good job I loved him!
I did all the DIY , loved doing it but to get down from painting a ceiling to make a cooked meal did try my patience somewhat.
I have told the story of his Dad, who pasted and hung two lengths of wallpaper ,the sirens went, he was ARP Warden ,dashed out and thought - after a really bad night’s bombing with fatalities - how stupid to decorate when the house could be demolished in the next raid.
It stayed like that for the remainder of the war.
It ran in the family. ;D
 A good day’s cleaning ,a phone chat with a friend ,son cane to drop off some fresh produce and———- SOME PLANTS!
Trailing Lobelia and Petunias.
Soil delivered to the back garden,Everlasting Sweet Peas now in huge container , @#&&£#@ Slugs or snails have eaten the Sunflower seedlings he gave me last week, it is a bit late but they might have been OK.
I owe my son money for the stuff he has been bringing me for weeks now ,so will do a transfer,I hate owing .
I need a new single bed, Sciatica grumbling again .
A firmer mattress I think ,more supportive .
I can get a base with storage as now I have storage boxes  with spare
bedding under  the bed .
From five beds to two ,there is a lot of spare bedding ,but remembering the days when first married and one set on the bed, one in the wash ( taking days to dry) and a spare set , you felt well off!
I am loath to part with it.
You have all been so busy , and isn’t the weather awful!
No real sign of some sunshine either.
Watched the last episode of Tess of the Durbeville’s ,so sad ,we did not do that at school ,well  :o, but we did do “The Trumpet Major” and “ The
Woodlanders”. Those are two lovely books.
Off to make a cuppa , then bed I think. Life is pretty boring really but some would be only too glad to have a boring life wouldn’t they.
Hope everyone is in good spirits ,not easy at the moment ,more so for some than others.
Lovely to hear your news , everyone , hope you sleep well and have a good day tomorrow.
Viktoria.