Author Topic: Diary - Tuesday 7th July  (Read 1260 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Tuesday 7th July
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 08 July 20 20:47 BST (UK) »
Well,  my yesterday and today hasn't been so good, last week my husband started chopping branches from a tree , I told him  of a company that would do it for us, but no he decided he would do it, yesterday he got a circular saw out to do more, my last words were " mind how you go with that" , ten minutes later he came in and had cut his thumb quite badly, so off we went to the local hospital, 3.5 hours later I collected him, he looks like simple Simon from the nursery rhyme, today it had to be re-dressed, another trip to the clinic, he is on warfarin so bleeds easily,
When will these men give up?, just to say he has got an extra 25p a week on his pension so you can guess how old he is,  he doesn't see any reason to give up these contraptions, I would rather he used a paint brush more regularly and give up on dangerous machines, so two days almost wasted with hospital visits
Tomorrow will be a better day

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 08 July 20 20:57 BST (UK) »
Oh no. That is terrible.
Thank heaven it isn't worse.

Just over a year since my son had an awful accident with an electric saw. What a mess, but thankfully he is considerably recovered now.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 08 July 20 21:12 BST (UK) »
It is a split second that these things happen, he doesn't seem to see the severity of the situation, my daughter almost got him to agree to get someone else in to finish the job, I might take the bull by the horns and get someone myself and deal with the consequences myself after

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 08 July 20 21:17 BST (UK) »
Probably a good idea l would think.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 08 July 20 22:54 BST (UK) »
Oh Louisa Maud!  What an awful thing to have happened to your husband.  I agree with mowsehowse .. thank goodness things weren't worse.

Yes, I think I would take the bull by the horns and get someone else to do it.  I think if there are consequences you can justify it on health and safety concerns that you have after what happened.

I hope he makes a good recovery.

I am glad your son has made a good recovery too, mowsehowse. 
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 08 July 20 22:59 BST (UK) »
Thanks.
Rather disastrous for a while... the same day l had the heart attack... phoning to update, and didn't know where to start or what to do... but of course I couldn't do anything!!
Crazy times!!

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 08 July 20 23:31 BST (UK) »
I've not done any family history to speak of ... had some info re DNA but none I recognise and most don't link to trees so almost pointless!
Caroline

Quite so Caroline..... I had this message: 
"this means, that we are cousins, somehow. It seems, that she was either one of 150 great-grandchildren of our common ancestors, or one of their 350 gr-gr-grandchildren.  :P
We just have to find the connection...."  :-\

Which explains why I have sooooooo many DNA matches and not a clue who's who!!  :D

I know the feeling... I could loose the will to live trying to search through and find these people!
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 08 July 20 23:39 BST (UK) »
Oh dear LM... men I'm afraid never learn do they... mine is very safety conscious.... comes from being PE teacher and kids throwing javelins and discus around! He always has me on point just in case but when he's up his tower uusing hedge trimmer or chain saw what's little me going to do to save him....
 I think it sounds a good idea to just get someone in to do it...

Sorry to hear about your son to Mowsehowse... it's uncanny how things happen at the same time putting strains on everyone.... hope he's recovered ok now if it was a year ago...

Need to be safer than usual in these times too...

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 09 July 20 08:21 BST (UK) »
Yes, thank you.  :)
He still doesn't have the full movement he had before, but the plan was, around xmas, to open it all again, and "scrape out" the scar tissue to make space for proper mending.
The very thought of it made my toes curl, and it must have been a horrible several months for him anticipating that operation and more recovery time.
Thankfully, at the consultation it was decided his recovery was good enough not to require the operation, which was such a huge relief to me, I bet it was EPIC for him!