Author Topic: Furlough scheme - employers to get bonus  (Read 2312 times)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Furlough scheme - employers to get bonus
« Reply #27 on: Friday 10 July 20 11:26 BST (UK) »
Moi?
Surely not  :o
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 10 July 20 11:34 BST (UK) »
the greedy older group are aged 62 upwards.

And I thought you were my friend  ;D
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 10 July 20 12:13 BST (UK) »
Having weighed up all the evidence, I'm now sure that there are two groups of people to blame for this, the feckless youngsters and the greedy old people.

The feckless young group are aged 0 - 60 and the greedy older group are aged 62 upwards. The only virtuous group are the 61 year olds. Particularly those born in January - all the others are to blame in some way or other.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 10 July 20 12:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks Mike .. I have just realised I just fall into the feckless 'youngster' category by a year.  That has made my day.  ;)

I usually tell others I am not a spring chicken anymore but somehow I much prefer your appraisal ..

;D  ;D ;D
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 10 July 20 13:11 BST (UK) »
Can I be a feckless oldie?
This week, I bought several treats on our click ‘n collect and was heard to say, ‘oh, it’s only money’.  :o
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 10 July 20 13:18 BST (UK) »
I think we also have to remember that people have and still are suffering in different ways. Listening to the radio this morning there were some heartbreaking stories:

The woman who hadn't seen her mother for 4 months as she is in a Care Home and suffers from dementia. When she eventually saw her in the garden of the home this week, there was no recognition what so ever.

The mother who has a 30 year old disabled son who had gone into a respite home just before lockdown and wasn't allowed out. Although she had no complaints about how he was cared for physically, he hasn't been mentally stimulated and so now can't communicate. He doesn't understand why he'd been "abandoned".

The wife whose husband was admitted to a hospice in March having being diagnosed with cancer. She was unable to visit or be with him when he died.

Most businesses will eventually recover, lives will never return to normal for some. So please stop blaming one group or another and let's all pull together.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 10 July 20 13:41 BST (UK) »
I think we also have to remember that people have and still are suffering in different ways.

Quite right.

My 36 year old daughter is spending a lot of time supporting an 88 year old family friend who has been very adversely affected by the  lockdown. He now has panic attacks and as soon as one occurs he messages my daughter. If she doesn’t reply immediately he messages her sister in law. Quite often my daughter arrives at his house to discover that her sister in law has also just arrived.
Two nights ago the attacks were so severe that they were advised to take him to A&E at the Cumberland Infirmary. My daughter got home at midnight and was up again at 3.30 a.m. to go to work. She is very distressed at some of the things he’s been saying and at her inability to help him.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 10 July 20 14:17 BST (UK) »
the greedy older group are aged 62 upwards.

And I thought you were my friend  ;D
And I thought you were 61 already. Feckless youngster.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 10 July 20 23:29 BST (UK) »
Come on then Mike, own up, which club do you belong to, the Minority Feckless or the Majority Greedy. Or are you going to follow the ruling party and avoid answering the question.
Answers on a postcard please....if you belong to the second group, I can lend you a second class stamp  ;D ;D ;D
Carol

CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU