Author Topic: Trow Family from Kerry (Ceri), Churchstoke & Chirbury areas  (Read 12863 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Trow Family from Kerry (Ceri), Churchstoke & Chirbury areas
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 12 July 20 09:15 BST (UK) »
Thats how its transcribed as Frow bur image looks like Trow.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Pete401

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 12 July 20 09:29 BST (UK) »
Ah! Thanks Trish, I should have known better😬
Pete

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 12 July 20 09:53 BST (UK) »
 :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 12 July 20 09:55 BST (UK) »
Margaret may be living with her daughter, Jane Parry, in 1841 but her age is 6 years out.

Jane daughter of Edward and Margaret Trow, of Betws Cedewain, baptised on 7th October 1805.

She married Richard Parry on 19th December 1829 in Castell Caereinion.

Jane born 1809 in Berriew on the 1851 census.

In 1861-71, she was at Fron, Trwstewelin, where Margaret and Edward were on the burial register. This time born in 1808.

She might be there in 1881, but her husband is John, rather than Richard. This time born in 1807.

She was buried in Berriew on 6th April 1886. Of Fron, born 1806.

David

P.S. Someone, who seems to be a descendant of Jane Parry-Trow, has a tree which confirms that she was the daughter of Edward and Margaret. They have her death as 1883 but that seems to be a different person who is also on the earlier censuses.

Offline Pete401

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 12 July 20 10:49 BST (UK) »
David,

I've gone through the Kerry Registers that you gave the link to in another post, really useful searching through it but I'm stumped by the first Trow entry (John 1695) son of James. If this James is the one who left the 1745 will then what happened to John and where did the James who Married Tryphena enter the scene?
Pete

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 12 July 20 12:29 BST (UK) »
It is difficult to be certain of anything that far back.

I would thing that John in 1695 would be too young to be a son of the same James

James, who might be the son of James, and Tryphena had children, Mary in 1746, Richard in 1748 and Aaron in 1751

There is a burial for a Tryphena of Kerry in Mochdre in 1804.

The will gives his wife as Sara but I can't find a marriage. There are some marriage bonds between 1761 and 1783 which don't seem to appear of the register, so the marriage may be missing or illegible. There are some burials for Sara(h) but no age given.

David

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 13 July 20 09:39 BST (UK) »
I was looking at some more trees on Ancestry and some have the baptism of Jane Trow in 1761.

It is not very clear and transcribed as Frew - 10th October 1761 in Mochdre, daughter of Thomas.

The one I was looking at has the children of Jane, including James who married Margaret Trow. It doesn't have any of James's descendants.

If the tree is correct, and the dates lould suggest that it is, Jane's parents were Thomas Trow and Jane Price.

David

Offline Pete401

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 13 July 20 20:48 BST (UK) »
Doesn't really help but I found 3 Trow Memorials in Churchstoke today. The first was an open prayer Book type partially hidden in the grass ( the St Nicholas churchyard is in a poor state! ) this was Cornelius Trow my Great Grand Uncle (1851-1925) and his Wife Elizabeth (nee Bowen) 1856-1916. In the nearby community cemetery was the grave of George Trow 1886-1962 ( son of Cornelius) and his wife Penelope Beatrice 1889-1958 (nee Wilcox?). Also the grave of George Leslie Trow 1911-1971 and his wife Bertha May 1913-2012, haven't researched these yet.

In fact he is the Son of George above!

Pete

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 14 July 20 10:05 BST (UK) »
See - http://www.rootschat.com/links/01pps/

Also - http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ppt/

1871 Census - https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:V5B6-YVJ

According to trees, Reuben Trow was the grandson of Thomas Trow and Jane Pryce.

David