Author Topic: Henry green in prison 1891 , what crime ?  (Read 1343 times)

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry green in prison 1891 , what crime ?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 18 February 21 20:58 GMT (UK) »
Henry Green, age 22, boot finisher, pleaded "guilty of larceny from person" - stealing 6s 1 1/2d  from a Hannah Webb. Tried 10 Nov 1890 - sentenced 6 calendar months Wandsworth Prison.

Offline chinapaddy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 18 February 21 22:20 GMT (UK) »
The same topic was posted in 2008 'henry green  1890's executed Wandsworth '

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=318787.0
Corri, Holland,
Newman, Kiernan,
Lyons, Murphy

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 18 February 21 22:27 GMT (UK) »
Thank  you again . I haven’t seen that settlement , could you direct me how to find it , I do get into bother for  asking same question ( over a period of years ) but I think new eyes might see things . I have just come across the Annie Green connection to Henry through the two wedding certs .
What I know from census and certs and school records . But with common name still doubt as birthdate sometimes does not equate with age with range of 2 years ,
 Henry Green ( father Samuel ) born 14 th Feb 1869 .
Henry and Fanny Jutsum marry Oct , 1890 .
Henry and Fanny living with George and Sophia Jutsum in 1891 census .
RICHARD GEORGE GREEN AKA JUTSUM marries in 1913 and Henry father deceased.
Both Henry and Richard disappear from records until I find Richard George Jutsum ( we know he is Green ) in 1911 census living with his grandmother Sophia Moore nee Jutsum . So  I have got a death certificate for Henry Green dying in 1891 but it wasn’t him l
SPECULATION AND FAMILY LETTERS .
Henry Green in prison .killed a shop keeper in course of robbery , think jeweller in Deptford . Story is Fanny , the baby son Richard and the grandfather George go to prison to visit night before execution .  This has to be between 1891 census date and March 1895 date of grandfathers death . Valda on here has done huge amount of work for me and can not find any execution . I will look again on Free BMD for appropriate age group and deaths . I have stuck to Battersea . I might go further afield . I would like to see that information of the settlement with Annie . Thank you for your interest . Fred .
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 19 February 21 11:29 GMT (UK) »
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=318787.0

Thanks for the link, though it has led me to post on the wrong thread again (Sorry!)

I'm afraid the settlement record is only available on ancestry, though it could be attached if needed
https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageviewer/collections/1557/images/31363_A108058-00078

It doesn't really help with the Green side of things.
Annie and daughter May in Wandsworth workhouse briefly in 1895, creed register, right down bottom, two images
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QHV-L3NG-4DZ

Annie and children later in Chelsea workhouse, a note that she is to be examined.
Mr Froud in court in 1900, acquitted.
May Froud, 6, and brother William, 7, with grandmother in Chelsea in 1901?
Transcribed as Trond here, as Boud (May as Mary) on ancestry
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X94Z-767

What happened to Annie? :-\

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 19 February 21 11:54 GMT (UK) »
Name: Richard Green
Record Type: Baptism
Baptism Date: 18 Mar 1894
Father's name: Henry Green
Mother's name: Frances Green
Parish or Poor Law Union: Bermondsey St Luke
So here is the baptism of Richard green (became Jutsum by common usage ) dated 1894

Marked P in the margin, a private baptism?
Father Labourer.
Abode 9 Vauban Street.
And at that address on the 1894 electoral register is George Jutsum
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QSQ-G9FL-S2R1

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 19 February 21 18:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi ,that’s a new address for the Jutsum family thank you , That P is interesting . I thought that it would be private baptism to , which I thought was when the child was in danger of dying . I wonder if it is the grandparents baptizing him . Other than that does it mean that Henry and Fanny Green nee Jutsum are still together in 1894 . The earliest date I started searching for Henry Green , husband of Frances akaFanny Jutsum   was 1996 . Fanny did go onto “ marry “ . I might look up some of the descendants and see if they know of the story . I have mentioned that two people from the Jutsum family seperate by the Atlantic have been bought up with the same story .
There is an article in the papers years earlier of an almost identical episode ,,, robbery and death and one of the culprits is a Henry Green . I wonder if the story could be so jumbled amongst the family .. “ Chinese whispers “ thanks for your help ,
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 19 February 21 20:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi
They did marry when very young, and sometimes those marriages don't last. If there were no more children then it is possible that Henry had gone by the time of Richard's baptism in 1894. The abode would seem to be the Jutsum residence. On the other hand, Henry and Fanny were living with the Jutsums in 1891.
If Fanny didn't marry her new partner, an obvious reason would be that her husband Henry Green was still alive. But it's not always so.
The stories of Henry being involved in a murder are vivid and fascinating, but so far nothing has been found to substantiate them. It's all very curious.

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 04 March 21 20:38 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your help , I did see link and it worked for Annie Froud , I will write it down because I see Camera Road mentioned and others in the extended family lived there to . Thanks Fred

Offline Nifty1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 05 March 21 08:25 GMT (UK) »
My GGF Henry Green, Horse Trainer, was living in Battersea with wife Mary abt 1890 but he was born near Warwick.
Kirtland (Oxfordshire Windsor, Berkshire)
Lipscombe (Longwick Berkshire, Maidenhead)
Marsh (London, Monksweirmouth, Durham+Berks  Bucks, Wokingham
Reynolds (Buckinghamshire Stoke on Trent)
Green, Stoke Poges
Brown (Co Durham, Windsor, Wokingham)
Wilson (Eton)
Wise