Author Topic: Arthur J Cable & Anne Bysouth marriage 1931  (Read 534 times)

Offline agray1949

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Arthur J Cable & Anne Bysouth marriage 1931
« on: Thursday 09 July 20 15:46 BST (UK) »
Due to the GRO not dealing with non urgent requests for certificates does anyone have any information regarding the marriage between Arthur J Cable & Anne Bysouth at Poplar in 1931.
I am in particular interested to know how old Arthur was & who Anne's father was to help clear up an issue with her.
Thanks

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Arthur J Cable & Anne Bysouth marriage 1931
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 July 20 15:56 BST (UK) »
Can't vouch for it but a family tree has Arthur J born abt 1865 died 1936 and Annie as daughter of George and Elizabeth White.
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline agray1949

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 09 July 20 16:21 BST (UK) »
Yes I have seen that tree but I want more confirmation as I don't always trust other trees. Annie was my mother in law's eldest sister & my wife can't remember hearing about her ever being married. To add to the confusion there are 2 Arthur Cable's who died. One in 1936 aged 66 when they married in 1931 so 19 years older than Annie. The other died at sea in 1940 & was born in 1907 so would have been 23 years younger at the time of marriage.
Another thing is that the 1939 register shows Ann as being single & a housekeeper in Finchley. Her date of birth is correct on the 1939 register & it confirms with a school record in 1895.
This is why I would like to see the marriage cert. to confirm the details.

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 09 July 20 16:45 BST (UK) »
The Annie on 1939 has middle initial E - does that agree with what you know of "yours"?
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 09 July 20 16:49 BST (UK) »
And she appears to have died 1950, Uckfield in Sussex, as a spinster,  middle name Elizabeth, probate to Thomas William Bysouth.

If that Probate entry relates to "yours" then I think you can rule out that marriage.
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline agray1949

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 09 July 20 17:02 BST (UK) »
Wow Thank you very much.
This has blown out of the water the information I had.
Her full name was Annie Elizabeth Bysouth so that does confirm the 1939 register & she also had a brother Thomas William Bysouth.
Time for me to look at that probate calendar.

Offline agray1949

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 09 July 20 17:14 BST (UK) »
According to BMD there was a marriage in 1931 between Annie E Bysouth & Arthur J Cable so I wonder who that was to cause this confusion.

Offline agray1949

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 25 October 20 13:59 GMT (UK) »
I have now purchased the relevant marriage certificate to satisfy my curiosity as I already know that the Annie who married was not my wife's aunt.

The marriage cert. shows both Annie & Arthur as age 23.
He was a Batchelor (Merchant Seaman), his father was Arthur Cable (Asphalt works foreman)
She was a spinster, fathers name George Bysouth (Bricklayer)
This gave her birth as 1907/8 but searching the BMD & GRO sites I could not see anybody born at that time although I did find an Annie Elizabeth Bysouth born 1904 in Prittlewell, Essex. Father Edward George Bysouth mother Mary Ann Fieldwick.
The 1911 census shows her living in Prittlewell with her parents & siblings. Father Edward George Bysouth (Bricklayer)
Has she shaved a couple of years from her age when she married Arthur (his age is correct), also has she dropped the Edward from her father's name ?
I cannot see them in the 1939 register but there is an Arthur James Cable (merchant seaman)who died at sea in 1940 age 33 which would be about right. His address is shown as Hadleigh, Essex.
Entered in red pen is N/K; wife Annie, 12 Kitchener road, London E17. (R.O.H.A.)
I am unable to find a remarriage or death for Annie from 1940 onwards so can anyone help.
I know she is not related but am curious to know what happened to her & if I have the right person.

Offline Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 25 October 20 16:06 GMT (UK) »
The Register of Deceased Seamen gives the address of Arthur James Cable as Rose Cottage Beech Road Hadleigh Essex. If you have FindMyPast you can do an address search for this address ( we cannot give the details ) which will help you. Alternatively try searching for Edward G Bysouth  , there are only two, and only one of those is in Essex, and note the address.
Census information  Crown Copyright
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk