Author Topic: facebook  (Read 1121 times)

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
Re: facebook
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 11 July 20 17:38 BST (UK) »
Just thought it might help others who get into the same situation.
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 11 July 20 18:14 BST (UK) »
That is what happens when you try to say you are 21 and you are only 14!,

Must admit you gave me a laugh

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 11 July 20 18:52 BST (UK) »
 :D :D ;D

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 11 July 20 20:29 BST (UK) »
I've noticed this under Security and Log In - I don't know how it works.

"Choose friends to contact if you are locked out
Nominate 3 to 5 friends to help if you are locked out of your account. We recommend this to everyone.

Your trusted contacts are friends who you chose who can securely help if you ever have trouble accessing your account."
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Greensleeves

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 11 July 20 21:47 BST (UK) »
Glad to hear you're back in and sorted - what a relief.  I'd find it a nightmare, since FB is one of the main ways that I find out what everyone in the extended family is doing! 

Great result  :) :) :)
Suffolk: Pearl(e),  Garnham, Southgate, Blo(o)mfield,Grimwood/Grimwade,Josselyn/Gosling
Durham/Yorkshire: Sedgwick/Sidgwick, Shadforth
Ireland: Davis
Norway: Torreson/Torsen/Torrison
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 12 July 20 00:48 BST (UK) »
I know  but if If I open I new account do I lose all my previous posts and friends,  it's that I'm concerned about

Yes you do - however, you could message them all from the old account to notify them that you're closing one account and opening another.   You'll then have to ask them to befriend your new account which is what happened to my daughter the other year.

Prompted by your post I've now looked at my FB account and can't see that I've given my DOB or any ID other than my email addie !
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 12 July 20 06:26 BST (UK) »
Found this info .
To sign up for a Facebook account, you need a name and a working email address or mobile phone number. You can use any name you are known by. However, if you run into a problem, you may have to provide an acceptable form of ID to verify it later.

You will also be asked for your date of birth – because you have to be at least 13 years old to join – and your choice of gender. Both may be used for advertising purposes. After that, everything is optional.

Offline Nic.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 12 July 20 08:20 BST (UK) »
I had a similar problem with an account used for Scouts a few years ago.  Apparently I was under age.  We had been using this account for over 10 years so they must have thought I opened it when I was 3.

None of the forms of Id on their list were great if you’re in the UK as they didn’t show the information they wanted.  I resorted to using my driving licence with my address and licence number redacted.  They accepted this.

We’re moving away from Facebook because of this and finding WhatsApp better now for our needs.

Online Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 12 July 20 19:17 BST (UK) »
Somebody will have to explain how to find the page with the age on it because I never found my age or date of birth when I checked the other day.  I know I keep getting informed  when some cyber pals have a birthday

Thanks in anticipation.
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke