Author Topic: elizabeth gatens/duncan mc intyre marriage  (Read 1488 times)

Offline orkrad

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
elizabeth gatens/duncan mc intyre marriage
« on: Saturday 11 July 20 03:29 BST (UK) »
 Hi everyone Elizabeth Mc intyre ( nee Gatens) was born in Port-Glasgow on 9 Nov 1873.  I have downloaded her birth cert from Scotlands people She married a Duncan Mc Intyre sometime after 1901 where she appears in the census living  withher brother's family in Port-Glasgow.  I have been told Duncan  was a local lad and an engineer  probably trained in a local shipyard like Kincaid's .
I have tried Scotland's people for a potential marriage without success.  I also tried Family Search  for a potential marriage in England but no luck.  Duncan Mc Intyre was an engineer and worked for the Cunard Line.  The couple later  moved to Bratton Park near Portsmouth and I have  tried  Family Search  !G! to try and locate their deaths so far without result.
Elizabeth was my great aunt and I would like to know a little  more about her and her husband Duncan Mc Intyre. Can anyone help? Thanks Orkrad.

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: elizabeth gatens/duncan mc intyre marriage
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 11 July 20 07:35 BST (UK) »
Do you have her or Duncan in 1911. 

I think you mean Fratton Park, Portsmouth, when are they supposedly living there
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 11 July 20 07:42 BST (UK) »
Previous thread -
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=714517.0

Can't see a likely marriage in Scotland using the most basic search(lots of these *).

ev

Added-
Elizabeth's birth information-
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FQ89-STY
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Crumblie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 11 July 20 10:21 BST (UK) »
The Elizabeth Gatens you have the birth for died in 1929 at Motherwell and her death is registered as Elizabeth Smith married to Robert Smith a steelworker. Her parent's names match those on the birth registration.

Added: It is worth remembering that on Scotlands People female deaths are registered under both their maiden and married name.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 11 July 20 15:44 BST (UK) »
From your info Crumblie, marriage for them is showing on SP as:

LIZZIE GAITENS and ROBERT SMITH
639/ 144
Dalziel Lanarkshire

Added: At least 4 possible deaths showing on SP for Smith/Gaiten children.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline orkrad

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 11 July 20 23:02 BST (UK) »
 Thanks Rosie for Fratton park, Ev Monical, Crumble and Forfarian for your replies.
Forfarian I had forgotten that I had previously posted on this topic and thanks for the reminder. I have since found through Ancestry four potential candidates for Duncan Mc Intyre all born Greenock all born in the time span of 1869--1874. I know  the Duncan  I am seeking worked for the Cunard Line  as an engineer and have found  a potential link on SS Campari  sailing from Liverpool to New York on 12 December 1908 where there is a Duncan Mc Intyre engineer  crew member aged 39 registered as Scotch, non immigrant alien.  I know this is as yet a long shot but I  am excited at long last  to be making a little headway.  Regards Orkrad.