Author Topic: Tynemouth Crematorium Book of Remembrance Name Index  (Read 689 times)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tynemouth Crematorium Book of Remembrance Name Index
« on: Saturday 11 July 20 11:07 BST (UK) »
RiverTyneLass kindly posted that Tynemouth Crematorium have started to put images of their Book of Remembrance online.

They currently have 3 folders on the server at
https://issuu.com/ntcouncilteam/docs

This is a name index for the middle folder titled “Tynemouth- Book of Remembrance to18 May”, which has entries from 08 April to 18 May which can be downloaded here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzauj0xhv154st4/Tynemouth-08-Apr-18May.pdf?dl=0
Click on the download link at the top right of the screen (little box with a down arrow) and choose direct download to save it to your computer.

As with any .pdf , CTRL and F (Windows) Command and  F (Mac) will let you type in a surname you are looking for and take you to that surname in the list as there are over 2000 entries and that’s a lot of scrolling!

Please bear in mind the following

1 Though on the whole the date of entry corresponds to date of death, where a deceased spouse or another person is mentioned in the entry, no matter when they died, I have included that name, you need to look at the image to be sure which person died on the date the entry appears.

2 I have noted birth and death years where they were included in the entry.

3 There is a slight problem with the images in this folder as two images are missing. If you look for a name that should appear on 13th or 15th April and it doesn’t show up, look at that date in the third folder, entitled ‘Book of Remembrance - Tynemouth’, which does have those images.

I will do the same for the first folder titled ‘Tynemouth Book of Remembrance 19 May to 30 June’ and post it when its done.
Hopefully this may save some time if anyone wants to see if there was an entry for a surname of interest.

Boo

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Tynemouth Crematorium Book of Remembrance Name Index
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 July 20 07:17 BST (UK) »
Thank you Boo for undertaking all that work - amazing what you have achieved in getting all that typed up in such a short time.

I think this will make things a whole lot easier for people to be able to look names up alphabetucally.  You certainly don't do 'paying forwards' by halves.  I think this is wonderful that you have given your time freely for others benefit in this way.  This is a great resource you have created! :D
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Tynemouth Crematorium Book of Remembrance Name Index
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 18 July 20 15:33 BST (UK) »
UPDATED

I have now added in the entries from the images in the folder labelled 19 May to 30 June

The combined file, covering 08 April to 30 June can be downloaded here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pc197qhiwm55uke/TynemouthBOR-08Apr-30Jun.pdf?dl=0

I'll keep an eye open and will add more as and when the next batch of images appear.

Boo