Author Topic: Cleaning Plastic cards  (Read 2329 times)

Offline youngtug

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning Plastic cards
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 14 July 20 22:21 BST (UK) »
Seems a problem here that people do not believe the statistics of places that have already adopted wearing masks
.http://www.rootschat.com/links/05q2/   
  WILSON;-Wiltshire.
 SOUL;-Gloucestershire.
 SANSUM;-Berkshire-Wiltshire
 BASSON-BASTON;- Berkshire,- Oxfordshire.
 BRIDGES;- Wiltshire.
 DOWDESWELL;-Wiltshire,Gloucestershire
 JORDAN;- Berkshire.
 COX;- Berkshire.
 GOUDY;- Suffolk.
 CHATFIELD;-Sussex-- London
 MORGAN;-Blaenavon-Abersychan
 FISHER;- Berkshire.
 BLOMFIELD-BLOOMFIELD-BLUMFIELD;-Suffolk.
DOVE. Essex-London
YOUNG-Berkshire
ARDEN.
PINEGAR-COLLIER-HUGHES-JEFFERIES-HUNT-MOSS-FRY

Offline roopat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 15 July 20 08:34 BST (UK) »

I'm dropping out of this discussion now, as the media seems to have frightened half the population so much that we're in danger of becoming the most frightened of all Europeans

I think with our dire record of number of deaths per 100,000 population - exceeded only by Belgium in Europe - we SHOULD be the most frightened. Something has gone very wrong - & not only in terms of the Government handling of this crisis.

Pat
King, Richardson, Hathaway, Sweeney, Young - Chelsea, London
Richardson - Rayne Essex
Steward, Hindry, Hewitt - Norfolk, North Walsham area

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 15 July 20 09:10 BST (UK) »
The problem is that people read an article by one person and believe it e.g “ A hospital consultant” “A scientist”  We need to look at the wider picture and data rather than believing information from one source. Unfortunately a large majority get and pass on information from social media or the tabloids.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 15 July 20 17:04 BST (UK) »
Seems a problem here that people do not believe the statistics of places that have already adopted wearing masks

Japan on one side and U.K. and U.S.A. on the other. Although Japanese hygiene standards and social attitudes (+ other factors) would have to be included in the equation.
Is there a source for insides of cash-machines and card-readers being contaminated?
Cowban

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 15 July 20 18:40 BST (UK) »
The problem is that people read an article by one person and believe it e.g “ A hospital consultant” “A scientist”  We need to look at the wider picture and data rather than believing information from one source. Unfortunately a large majority get and pass on information from social media or the tabloids.
. Well my daughter in her profession deals mainly with medics and if you don't believe "a hospital consultant" perhaps you'd believe all the medics she deals with.  In their hundreds they are saying the same things, masks are useless unless worn properly and changed every 15 minutes.  Even WHO had said they need to be changed as soon as they get damp.  The other thing all these medics are saying is that more people will die from cancer and other illnesses because they've not been getting the treatment they need.   Most hospitals, in my area at least, have never filled their ICUs and many doctors and nurses have been at home on full pay because the other wards are more or less empty.  The problem is many of these medics that my daughter knows will not speak out in public because they worry for their jobs, knowing full well what happens to whistleblowers in the NHS.  That includes putting Covid on death certs even when no tests have been carried out to prove it.  No wonder our numbers are higher than other countries.  Anyway, the ones among you who have been brainwashed by the government and media won't believe me, so I'll leave you to your paranoia.

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday 15 July 20 19:03 BST (UK) »
  In their hundreds they are saying the same things, masks are useless unless worn properly and changed every 15 minutes.  Even WHO had said they need to be changed as soon as they get damp. 

News item in connection with this - why face coverings not being recommended for all-day wear in workplaces and schools.
Cowban

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday 15 July 20 20:01 BST (UK) »
My husband went to the barber today - no appt needed - and the girl who cut his hair was wearing a mask, but she only covered her mouth with it!  The other hairdressers were wearing the full face shield.  As I said, most people won't wear the masks properly or discard them every 15 minutes, so they are worse than useless.  I've bought 2 washable masks for myself and my husband but, apparently, even those can only be washed about 20 times before you have to discard them.  The mask manufacturers are the only companies who are going to be making a profit at the moment.