Author Topic: Elizabeth Cole  (Read 403 times)

Offline nelwild

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • great grandmother Emma Jane.
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Cole
« on: Monday 13 July 20 20:14 BST (UK) »
Please does anyone have any info on this lady.According to the tree im looking at on Ancestry,she was born in Southampton on 24th August 1874 and was the partner of Thomas Keet,who was born 1st September 1876 Tunbridge,Wiltshire.I dont think they officially married.If anyones got any info on her wider family id be grateful.

Thanks.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Cole
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 July 20 20:19 BST (UK) »
Does the tree give any details re parents?  Was Cole a maiden or married name as no birth on freebmd & no 1881 entry.  Tree has 1939 transcription as part of documentation - she was not b 24th Aug

Tree also shows a marriage year of 1899??

Have you found her on any census?

Have you contacted the tree owner?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 July 20 20:36 BST (UK) »
1901 for Dorset - both birthplaces shown as unknown.  Birthyear for Elizabeth 1882/3

Thomas Keet 20 flower seller
Elizabeth 18
RG13/1975/68/11

1911 birthyear is 1880
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline nelwild

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 13 July 20 20:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the replies.

Yes thats them on the 1901.Then on 1911 Thomas Keets born 1876 Tunbridge,Wiltshire and Elizabeth born 1880 Southampton.Ancestry suggests she could be the Emma Elizabeth Cole whose birth was resistered 1874 New Forest.I havent been able to find a marriage.
I am in touch with the tree owner but ive had no reply to my latest message.The lack of info on Elizabeth made me think they had trouble finding her too.Im keen to find out more as im a DNA match to 3 of Thomas descendants but dont know how yet.Its abot 4th cousin level.

Nel.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 13 July 20 20:48 BST (UK) »
There is an Elizabeth Rebecca Cole birth on freebmd in Southampton 1876.  One of their children was Rebecca

The birthyear on the tree has been taken from the 1939 register

Offline nelwild

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 13 July 20 22:07 BST (UK) »
Im not sure about her.GRO shows her mmn as Gould,and the two Cole/Gould marriages ive found dont look like Travellers.
There is on the the 1881 census a William Cole born 1851 with a Mary Green born 1855 in a tent at Oxdrove Dean,Basingstoke.They have with them one child,a daughter born 1877,but no name.I did wonder about her,but impossible to know.

Theres also a Robert Cole on the census born c1851 Chaton,Hants and wife Harriet(Grigg) were Travellers,they had lots of children but no sign of an Elizabeth.