Author Topic: Scottish Birth Certificate needed for US Naturalization??  (Read 1539 times)

Offline littlepew

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Scottish Birth Certificate needed for US Naturalization??
« Reply #9 on: Friday 17 July 20 15:35 BST (UK) »
     Thank you, thank you, thank you, DonM!!  I believe you have hit the proverbial nail right on the head. I remember my mother quoting her own mother as saying that in "those days" births were registered the next time someone "went into town."  In James' case the birth was registered almost 2 weeks after his birth and being one day "off" on date of birth seems not to be a problem as ALL OTHER SPECIFICS are a perfect match.
      In looking into St. Rollox I found a number of RootsChat posts from last year and one mentioned The St Rollox Business & Retail Park . . .  is on the site of the old Caledonian Railway's St Rollox Locomotive & Carriage Works. (Thank you Henry7) which lends further credence to this being the correct James because my James' father lived for a time in the U.S. working for The Pullman Company (Chicago, Illinois), a company that produced railroad sleeping cars. 'Can't thank you enough, DonM!!!!!  :) :) :)