Author Topic: Something not seen before on 1939 Register  (Read 1894 times)

Offline Retriever

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Something not seen before on 1939 Register
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 16 July 20 18:48 BST (UK) »
I’m definitely confused! I know nothing about Ploughley, never even heard of it.

Will look into this tomorrow.

Offline Retriever

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 16 July 20 21:29 BST (UK) »
Couldn't wait until tomorrow rosie99 to see what you meant.

As I had his possible wife's burial record I just went for a marriage for them, not even thinking about other marriages. Found the two children and looked for his wife on the 1939 Register.

I've now decided this must be another lady with the same name as her surname has had one letter changed and there is no married surname entered later. As the lady in the Register wasn't born in the UK and possibly Frederick's wife wasn't either, this is a possibility.

I now know Roughly is in Oxfordshire. It seems strange that the eldest child of the second marriage was married there.

Thank you for pointing this out to me, I wouldn't have got there without your post.

Regards

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Friday 17 July 20 15:42 BST (UK) »
Well I am told the o ly people who can use green ink legitimately are auditors. It is generally a sign of insanity in others.
Another possible is change of name by deed poll.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)