Author Topic: 1939 register annotations  (Read 4940 times)

Offline abbyhill3

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1939 register annotations
« on: Tuesday 14 July 20 21:30 BST (UK) »
Does anyone know what ECIA followed by a date means on the 1939 register?
I am looking at two entries at the same address with this annotation, one with ECIA EX 21-4.66 and the other with ECIA LK (or could be LR) 9-12.62
I suppose they may not be dates but I cant think what else they would be ???

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1939 register annotations
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 July 20 08:33 BST (UK) »
There is a whole topic  "1939 Register - Annotations and What They Mean", see
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=741824.0

Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline SteveTheSearcher

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1939 register annotations
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 04 September 21 17:41 BST (UK) »
Does anyone know what ECIA followed by a date means on the 1939 register?
I am looking at two entries at the same address with this annotation, one with ECIA EX 21-4.66 and the other with ECIA LK (or could be LR) 9-12.62
I suppose they may not be dates but I cant think what else they would be ???

ECIA is also used on my grandmother's record. I don't know, but my guess is "Earlier Correction is Annulled".

On hers, there was a name change when she married, then another recorded under an NR230 code (which I believe is a form used for a name change that wasn't for a marriage), then a later change with ECIA on, going back to her married name.

In my case, my grandmother married (first change) then split up with her husband. Not yet divorced, she met my grandfather and changed her name (NR230 as she didn't marry him because she was still married). She later split up with him, then finally got around to getting divorced from her husband, and eventually changed her name back to her maiden name.

Interesting, she would have been pregnant at the time of both the NR230 and CEIA notations were made, so almost certainly they were done for NHS related reasons.

Don't know if that helps, but that's all I can think it means, and that's why I think it.