Author Topic: 150 Cm  (Read 1626 times)

Offline Heb66

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
150 Cm
« on: Wednesday 15 July 20 15:42 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Do any of you lovely people have a DNA match of 150cm on your DNA matches that is a proven family member ?
I'm a struggling to find a connection and there are no other shared matches with this person.
Please no directions to DNA painter as the variants are so wide.
Any thoughts ?
Many thanks
Payne, Woodchester Glos / Kings Norton Worcs.
Luker, Glos.
Davis, Smith, Evans, Lockstone,Latham, Kings Stanley.
Bingham; Stroud, Glos.
Gore: Glos/ Plymouth.
Rodway: Woodchester, Glos. Wanted Henry Rodway born 1849. Missing since 1881.
Morgan: Nettleton Wilts / Stroud Glos.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 150 Cm
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 July 20 15:49 BST (UK) »
I am sure you will get lots of answers.
Yes, I have matches in 140s whose great grandparents were siblings to my grandparents.
I have one at 154 whose mother is my 2nd cousin so he is 2nd cousin once removed.

Have you been able to contact this person?
I have a couple who are closer and whose parent was adopted so can go no further.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Heb66

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 July 20 16:00 BST (UK) »
Hi ,
Yes I have had contact with the match and have completed her family tree for her back to great-great grandparents and their siblings.
It is my friends DNA matches I am working on, he was I adopted I even found his birth mum and they are now in close contact but I would still like to close the connection.
Luker, Glos.
Bingham; Stroud, Glos.

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 15 July 20 16:44 BST (UK) »
I had a match of 145 cM that I could not work out. It was not until the match joined MyHeritage and contacted me that we managed to work out the link which was 2C1R.

The reason I could not make the match is there was a second marriage, from which he descended, that I was not aware of. Could be something similar in your case maybe.
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline Meelystar

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 15 July 20 18:01 BST (UK) »
Have you looked at locations to see if any are shared? If so, I would concentrate on going over those lines first.
I would also try and go back a further generation on both sides (to x3 Grandparents) if you haven’t already done so.
If one of the Greatx1 or Greatx2 ancestors on either side was a first child I would double check their birth on gro if you haven’t already done so.
I have a couple of matches around 160cM, both shared with one X2 Grandparents with whom there was a non parental event.  I’ve been able work out the birth father using the methods above.

Offline Meelystar

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 15 July 20 18:11 BST (UK) »
Some more thoughts.

Equally I would look at any much younger child as they could be illegitimate and being passed off as the child of a grandparent.
I would also make sure you mark off any proven ancestors on your friends tree so if someone is traceable with proven links to other dna matches going back 6 or 7 generations it is unlikely to be a non parental event on your side.
Probably should have mentioned this first but if you are on ancestry it is very easy to group your shared matches which can obviously narrow down the search as well.

Apologies if I have just been teaching granny to suck eggs!

Offline Heb66

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 15 July 20 19:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Meelystar,
This is such a massive help, I now have a to do list.
 I have been working through his DNA matches and happily I found his birth mother and they have reconnect so their journey is complete, but as a researcher I need to at least for myself to try and work through the puzzles that are annoying me.
Yes, I have colour coded all matches/shared matches which helps somewhat.
Thank you again !!
Luker, Glos.
Bingham; Stroud, Glos.

Offline Meelystar

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 15 July 20 20:06 BST (UK) »
Good glad to be be of help  ;D
I totally get where you are coming from although of course you have already achieved the most important thing!
I should also say that I have found my own DNA searches so far to have been massively variable. I manage 3 kits. One is straight down the line, I have only one group of unknown ancestors and with very little effort everything has fitted into place. The second is slightly more complicated and I have had to work harder to work out the matches but it is coming together. The third has been difficult, there are some obvious matches and it has confirmed some ancestors that had question marks so definitely invaluable but for all that many that I cannot account for, half the matches seem to be in the US and of Irish extraction which makes things so much harder and all of this having confirmed 6/8 Great grandparents via DNA as being correct  :-\
Anyway to cut a long story short it isn’t just you  ;)

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 15 July 20 22:56 BST (UK) »
 I have  couple of matches close to 150cm their grandmother's brother was my great grandfather

My mother also has several matches at between 100-200 cm because her father came from a recomposed family
Eg:
153cm for the grandaughter of mum's grandfather's half sibling so that makes them half second cousins I think
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson