Author Topic: Last heard of in or near Calicut Southern India 1854 Alexander Simon  (Read 328 times)

Offline gloucester girl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Last heard of in or near Calicut Southern India 1854 Alexander Simon
« on: Wednesday 15 July 20 17:08 BST (UK) »
 Alexander Simon the second son born to Captain Henry Theodore Simon and Juliet Sophia Rodyk in Penang 1848 .  After  the death of HTS in or around Calicut in june 1854 we loose track of the two boys,  My information about them is pretty sparse.  I have seen a Bombay Gazette article in the january 1855 which suggests that HTS had wanted Captain Thomas Loughnan Jameson  of the N I ,  to help look after the two boys
Alexander,  the info is just about non existant... ,
where did he and his brother go, who looked after them, what education did they receive.  Could it be that as a six year old he didnt know how his name was spent, but knew how it sounded..... and could it be that my Alexander  is in fact the Alexander Simoone/Simoen that marries Florintina (not sure of spelling)and lives in Tavoy
The older one Henry Charles Simon born sept 1846 turns up in Coonoor getting married to  Eliza Helen King. in 1872, he has becme a coffee planter
Any one got any ideas, where do I need to look
Thank you in anticipation, so far my requests for help on this site have been met with an amazing response
Gilly