Author Topic: "Back to normal by Christmas"  (Read 8837 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: "Back to normal by Christmas"
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 23 July 20 13:13 BST (UK) »
Zoe, we will have a choice no doubt, it will be our decision rightly or wrongly and we ourselves will have to live with the decision we make

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 23 July 20 13:24 BST (UK) »
Good Lord, what a miserable thread this has become! I almost wish Trystan hadn't worked his magic and could bring back the security thingy to stop me accessing RC!

These 'rules' are ruining people's lives - ignore them! or, at least, go by what you think is right for you and yours. Common sense is the order of the day: not petty rules and regulations which are only thought up 'on the hoof' by a mediocre set of politicians, mostly for political ends. You are a better judge of what is safe for yourselves - to try to understand why and how these pettifogging rules work is to make yourself miserable. As I've said many times before, I've given up listening. I will now only wear a mask (horrible things) when to do otherwise could cost me £100 (incidentally, don't you find it a bit chilling that, if you pay your fine on the spot, it will only cost you half that? i.e. its a moneymaking measure) or when to do otherwise might be truly harmful.

If I'm supposed to wear a face nappy from tomorrow if visiting a shop, I simply won't visit the shop but shop online. I'm sure I'm not alone - so leading to a final goodbye to the High Street. Is this really what the mediocrity wants to happen? Did they (have they ever?) thought this - or anything else - through?

For the past few evenings (daft bat that I am) I have been in my back garden at dusk watching the bats flying around, as they always have, but also have seen grey squirrels scooting across my patio and at least two hedgehogs scurrying along the grass: one quite plump and the other, I think, a baby. I've never seen these before the lockdown caused nature to get that little bit more adventurous in our big noisy world. I wonder if the hedgehogs are the reason I haven't seen any slugs or snails eating my plants this year?

Please, stop getting yourselves so depressed. Its not good for you!  8)
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 23 July 20 13:27 BST (UK) »

So much misinformation about vaccines going around... It’s very sad.

As Louisa maud so wisely says, - we’ll all have to make our own decisions.

Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline zoe_Wiccalo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 23 July 20 14:10 BST (UK) »

If I'm supposed to wear a face nappy from tomorrow if visiting a shop, I simply won't visit the shop but shop online. I'm sure I'm not alone - so leading to a final goodbye to the High Street. Is this really what the mediocrity wants to happen? Did they (have they ever?) thought this - or anything else - through?

Ill also be shopping online & everyone I know will too I agree how can the high street shops stay open?
I wonder how the pubs are coping.

guest189040

« Reply #31 on: Thursday 23 July 20 14:58 BST (UK) »

Until a vaccine that works is produced, I can’t see things returning to ‘normal’.

Romilly.
vaccines take minimum five to ten years of testing to be safe before used on the populous, the current C19 vaccine has been tested on cats & most the cats are dying of cancer.
it's only been 6 months so if they release the vaccine there's no way it's going inside me or my kids

That is understandable as by your use of the term kids indicates to me that you are young and hence probably more resilient with your health

For those of us 70+ it is totally different, we have a life sentance hanging over us, we contract Covid and it could kill us.

So yes life is depressing for us who are presently sentenced to life at home or to walks in the open air well away from other people.

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 23 July 20 15:45 BST (UK) »
Too reminiscent of 1914 and WW1 " it will be over by Christmas" But which Christmas?
If the vaccine comes as fast as a vaccine for another corona virus, the common cold, Christmas 2100 if our descendents are lucky!
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Online DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 23 July 20 17:01 BST (UK) »
Canada is doing quite well re COVID-19, we have not been over-regulated (we are now supposed to wear masks in public places here in Ontario, but fines are not being imposed).
I too have noticed an increase in wildlife in our suburban area - more rabbits, chipmunks, and this morning two crows under the bird feeder, they rarely appear in the backyard.  Regular skunk and raccoon smells. Groundhogs have been very bold this year, generally one or two sightings a summer, now most days. Dog (at left) got into a wrestling match with one, lucky he did not get hurt.
I wonder if this will lead to increase in numbers over the next few years.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 23 July 20 17:01 BST (UK) »
My best safety precaution is .... I no longer watch the late evening television news! Much better night's sleep.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 23 July 20 17:18 BST (UK) »
Neither do I Threlfallyorky , I also have a paper but seldom read a thing about covid, to many scaremongers  in my opinion and half of them hardly know what is going on,, leave it to the experts, to many Joe publics speculating and worrying others

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London