Author Topic: Marriage look up - Bailey/Axon  (Read 1307 times)

Offline KPM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grandad
    • View Profile
Marriage look up - Bailey/Axon
« on: Wednesday 24 August 05 18:49 BST (UK) »
Can anyone look up the marriage of Sarah Bailey and James Axon.  They were married on 25th March 1794 in Stockport Cheshire.  I am trying to find out whether there were any witnesses and also James' occupation at the time of marriage.
Many thanks
Hamilton, Kingston, Surrey
Dorbon, St Pancras
Paterson, Middlesex & Fife
Underhay, Clerkenwell & Devon
Jackson, Neithrop
Axon, Walmer, Deal
Turner, Ambrosden Oxn
Fullagar, Kent

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage look up - Bailey/Axon
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 August 05 10:16 BST (UK) »
Hi
    I would suggest that you send an email to the records office at the address in the link below, give them all the details you have and they should reply with a full extract from the church records. They are normaly quite quick.

http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.htm

please let us know how you get on

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline KPM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grandad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 25 August 05 12:35 BST (UK) »
Hi
Many thanks for your reply - I have sent an e-mail as advised and hopefully someone will be able to help.  I had no idea that the Cheshire records office offered this service - its a shame other record offices don't do the same!
I will let you know the outcome
KPM
Hamilton, Kingston, Surrey
Dorbon, St Pancras
Paterson, Middlesex & Fife
Underhay, Clerkenwell & Devon
Jackson, Neithrop
Axon, Walmer, Deal
Turner, Ambrosden Oxn
Fullagar, Kent

Offline AJ100

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 31 August 16 12:23 BST (UK) »
Hello KPM,

Have just chanced upon you request for info on James & Sarah Axon. James was described as 'of the Artillery' by which I gather he was in the Royal Artillery. He went from Stockport to Woolwich Arsenal, then the HQ of the R.A. and thence to Hougham near Dover.
He finally settled in Walmer near Deal where successive generations of Axons became Mariners.

Regards

AJ