Author Topic: James Arthur Fisher - Was he a Captain or not ?  (Read 3622 times)

Offline LaytonLily

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Arthur Fisher - Was he a Captain or not ?
« Reply #99 on: Saturday 01 August 20 21:27 BST (UK) »
Quite by chance, as one does,  I have just come across postings on the website greatwarforum.org concerning James Arthur Fisher, the person I have been researching and about whom I have received so much help from folks on this website, and been so grateful for the amazing discoveries you have made on my behalf, which I have said more than once throughout the communications between us on this site.     

I wanted to post this to all those who have helped with this research here on Roots.chat and who might have been in involved in any communication on the other website concerning James Arthur Fisher, because I read there some very insulting and incorrect opinions about me from certain people, such that I didn't recognise it was me they were discussing.     I will not go through each of the misleading comments about me, but would just say, i have not pressured anyone to carry out research for me and strongly object to such a claim being made against me.
ASTON, Birmingham : TWIST, B.ham: HUNT, B.ham: LAYTON, Worcestershire: LAYTON, B.ham: BISHOP, Leic.: TYSALL, B.ham: BURLEY,B.ham: SCOTT,B.ham: FISHER, B.ham : PRICHARD,Wales: BEARD,Worc. : SCHREDER, USA

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Sunday 02 August 20 11:32 BST (UK) »
I have just come across postings on the website greatwarforum.org

If you have any concerns regarding what you have read on greatwarforum, should you not address it to the organizers/moderators of that website ?

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LaytonLily

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Sunday 02 August 20 12:08 BST (UK) »
Sarah  -  You will see from my posting yesterday that I say some of the comments about me on the GWR website were from people who had also been involved on this website in helping answer my questions about James Arthur Fisher.   That is why I posted my comment here.

It was of great concern to me that they should make such criticisms and that they thought I was ungrateful and dismissive of all the help I had been given by the folks on Roots.    I have always expressed how grateful I am for the wonderful help afforded by those who contribute and freely give of their time and expertise to help.  I would never have answered a question about two brothers in the Fisher family, which had bugged me for years, without the help of Roots people over recent weeks.   

I was very clear with the FH contact I asked for help in explaining the military terms at the beginning of my quest  -  and that was all i asked her for  -  that I was receiving great help from people on Roots website.   I have been in contact with her about the postings she made on GWR about me and needless to say, there will be no more communication between us.

I have already received an e-mail directly to me from someone who is a member of both Roots and GWR website about this matter which I very much appreciated and was very helpful.

ASTON, Birmingham : TWIST, B.ham: HUNT, B.ham: LAYTON, Worcestershire: LAYTON, B.ham: BISHOP, Leic.: TYSALL, B.ham: BURLEY,B.ham: SCOTT,B.ham: FISHER, B.ham : PRICHARD,Wales: BEARD,Worc. : SCHREDER, USA

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Thursday 06 August 20 10:21 BST (UK) »
This topic is now locked.
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.