Author Topic: Baptism - Thornton c.1807 Furbo/Furbough, Rahoon, Galway, Ireland  (Read 954 times)

Offline Wayne Cook

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Baptism - Thornton c.1807 Furbo/Furbough, Rahoon, Galway, Ireland
« on: Sunday 19 July 20 14:25 BST (UK) »
Can someone please see if there is a Baptism in Rahoon Galway c. 1807 for an Ephrain/Ephram (possibly Edward) Thornton with father John Thornton.

I already have Baptisms for Mary Thornton 1811 and Michael Thornton 1813 at Furbough/Furbo Rahoon Co. Galway Father: John Thornton Mother: Not Recorded

If there is an Ephraim/Ephrain (possibly Edward) c. 1807 it will help to see if this is the Thornton family I am looking for with mother Catherine (I only have mum's first name and no dad's name on Convict papers) and Mary having two brothers Michael and Ephraim/Ephrain (possibly changed to Edward).

There is a Catherine Thornton Baptised 1820 at Churls Hillock, Rahoon, Co. Galway with Father: John Thornton Mother: Catherine Walsh. She may also be a sibling (possibly deceased) but it appears Mary Thornton only put living members of her family on her Convict papers as her Father is not listed and neither is her deceased husband.

Kind Regards,

Wayne

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism - Thornton c.1807 Furbo/Furbough, Rahoon, Galway, Ireland
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 July 20 17:21 BST (UK) »

Offline Wayne Cook

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 July 20 23:57 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Roman Catholic, the 3 that I was sent a copy of (1811, 1813 and 1820) were on rootsireland.ie and copyright to Galway Family History West. www.Rootsireland.ie doesn't give me an AU$ option (in the change currency) to subscribe.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 20 July 20 10:29 BST (UK) »

Just as an aside, Wayne, this is the civil parish of Rahoon west of Galway city.
https://www.townlands.ie/galway/rahoon2/

Na Forbacha (Furbogh) is at its western end.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furbo,_County_Galway
https://www.townlands.ie/

A lovely part of the country!  ;D

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 20 July 20 11:10 BST (UK) »
It's very odd they don't have Australian currency given how many Irish emigrated there. Have you tried asking them how you can take out an subscription?
Is it simply a case that you can choose any of the currencys but would not know the price in Australian until it came out of your account.

If I had a subscription I'd have a look for you but sorry I don't.

Offline Wayne Cook

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 20 July 20 14:22 BST (UK) »
Thanks, I will check the links out :D

There are only a couple of currency options. One is US$ and yes without the AU$ one, I do not know what the cost will be until taken out of my account due to what the AU$ is compared to the value of the currency in Ireland.

I am hoping that someone with a subscription, could have a look for me to see if there is one for this person as I currently am only after that one at the moment.

If not, than I will probably have to wait until I have several to try and find before I contact them and discuss the subscription issue.

Kind Regards,

Wayne