Author Topic: Ludwik Golba Marriage 1875 (in Russian) TRANSLATION needed please  (Read 314 times)

Offline kjmck

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ludwik Golba Marriage 1875 (in Russian) TRANSLATION needed please
« on: Sunday 19 July 20 21:47 BST (UK) »
Can anyone tell me if I have found the right marriage record for Ludwik Golba please?

Thanks - Keelan

Offline Eidde

• RootsChat Member
  • (no relation)
    • View Profile
Re: Ludwik Golba Marriage 1875 (in Russian) TRANSLATION needed please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 July 20 14:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Keelan
Based on my 1969 'O' Level Russian studies (failed), I'd say you have the correct document. On the left hand page, on line 8, the 3rd and 4th words in appear to refer to Ludvik Golba. There are some grammatical suffixes attached, but I think the name is clear. As for a translation, I'm afraid you'll have to wait for someone who really knows Russian to come along :D.
Eddie

Offline JohninSussex

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Ludwik Golba Marriage 1875 (in Russian) TRANSLATION needed please
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 25 July 20 19:37 BST (UK) »
Hi, my Russian is about as old as Eddie's but as a start,

In the village P. W. the 28th January (8th February) of the year 1875 at 10 in the morning came as witnesses Grzegorz Sobczyk 50? years and Jan/Jana? Kafjar?? 40 years peasants fron the village P. W. and (reported?) the marital union between:
Ludwik Golba, bachelor 27 years, son of peasant ...  Sebastian? and Jadwiga née Kwiatkowska, and
Apolonia Szlufcik unmarried 20 years, daughter of deceased Andrzej and ... Małgorzata née Kokotka?

There is a lot more and I haven't tried to decipher the village name as I assume you may have got it already.
Rutter, Sampson, Swinerd, Head, Redman in Kent.  Others in Cheshire, Manchester, Glos/War/Worcs.
RUTTER family and Matilda Sampson's Will: