Author Topic: DVLA driving licence renewals for oldies  (Read 1529 times)

Offline Marmaduke 123

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: DVLA driving licence renewals for oldies
« Reply #9 on: Monday 20 July 20 13:36 BST (UK) »
They aren't sending reminders at the moment. Make sure you apply online before your licence actually runs out. If it has expired you can't use the online process, and will be well and truly stuck because of the huge backlog of post they have. I don't know if they are actually working through that yet.
Halifax/Huddersfield area West Yorkshire
Monmouthshire, Gloucestershire, Berkshire and nearby areas.
Bilcliffe one name study all areas.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 20 July 20 13:41 BST (UK) »
OH has just turned 73 and did not get a reminder so don't bank on getting one.

I assume that I will have a letter early next year for the next one, otherwise I'll just complete the online form as before :)

I looked out OH's driving licence info this am when I realised he'd not had a letter. I was wondering what to get as a b-day pressie   ;D ;D ;D
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 20 July 20 14:15 BST (UK) »
I looked out OH's driving licence info this am when I realised he'd not had a letter. I was wondering what to get as a b-day pressie   ;D ;D ;D

;D;D
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Liz_in_Sussex

• RootsChat Veteran
  • "We wunt be druv."
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 20 July 20 16:21 BST (UK) »
I am nowhere near 70 but my photo-card licence was due to run out in August - I was a bit worried last month that it could take a while so I renewed it online and was prepared to wait - the new one arrived in just over 24 hours  :o

Apparently it had to be renewed to update the photo - the new photo is the one that is held by the passport office - it looks less like me than the old one did!

Liz
Research interests:
Sussex (Isted, Trusler, Pullen, Botting), Surrey (Isted), Shropshire (Hayward), Lincolnshire (Brown, Richardson), Wiltshire (Bailey), Schleswig-Holstein (Isted),  Nordrhein-Westfalen (Niessen).

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Top-of-the-hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 20 July 20 16:32 BST (UK) »
  I wish driving licences didn't carry one's address - nothing else does. I don't carry mine with me for that reason. If, as happened to me once, a handbag is stolen, they have your address and your keys. I lost it on Victoria station, and for some reason I thought I might have had the licence with, so I was worried. (I realise opportunist thieves are really only after what is in the bag.)
   They were great at the station - I was taken into an office and presented with a card with all the bank phone numbers on it!
Pay, Kent
Codham/Coltham, Kent
Kent, Felton, Essex
Staples, Wiltshire

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 20 July 20 17:59 BST (UK) »

He might object to that as it's free.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 20 July 20 18:27 BST (UK) »
Shh!  Gadget doesn't have to tell him it was free  ;D
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 20 July 20 18:32 BST (UK) »
OH has just turned 73 and did not get a reminder so don't bank on getting one.

Address unchanged since last licence issued?

Offline Bee

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 20 July 20 18:32 BST (UK) »
My OH was 70 in May, he received a renewal notice and sent off the completed form complete with a photo (neither of us have previously had a photocard), it is now 3 months and he is still waiting for his new licence and the return of documentation to prove who he is.

I'm 70 next month and haven't received a renewal notice, Last month I got an application form from the post office, sent it off with a photo, maybe by christmas I might have a new licence.

Managed on one occasion to get though to DVLA on the phone and was told that if your application isn't being processed by you birth date then you cannot continue to drive.
Dinsdale, Ellis, Gee, Goldsmith,Green,Hawks,Holmes,  Lacey, Longhorn, Pickersgill, Quantrill,Tuthill, Tuttle & Walker,  in E & W Yorks, Lincs, Norfolk & Suffolk. Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk