Author Topic: Help - Eveline Jones or Shulman  (Read 671 times)

Offline dorothyl

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help - Eveline Jones or Shulman
« on: Monday 20 July 20 12:41 BST (UK) »
Hello I'm not sure if I have already asked this question in the past.  If so I really apologise.  At thè moment I'm trying to find out everything I can about my late gran eveline Jones.  Jones is her married name.  I know her as Eveline shulman.  There's a few things that I'm in need of some help with.
My gran Eveline passed away in Stirling hospital scottland 1998 . What i don't know is what happened to her belongings. As no family was precent. I'm trying to find out where I can get this information.

The 2nd one is really strange.
When my gran Eveline married my grandad Alfred evan Jones her name was Eveline shulman. 
But on my mum's birth certificate it says Eveline Jones formerly hill.
Now I'm wondering where it came from.
According to the Manchester register office.  My mum's birth certificate is correct and the name of hill is eaither my grans birth name or she was married before she married Alfred Evan Jones.  Now I don't know if she was married before she married Alfred Evan Jones. Or is it her birth name. 
From what I can understand my gran Eveline was adopted by David Joseph Shulman and his wife Annie.

If anyone can help me solve this id  really appreciate it.

Thank you for your help and time.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Help - Eveline Jones or Shulman
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 July 20 20:18 BST (UK) »
There is a death of Eveline Shulman or Owens in Stirling in 1998, aged 87. Unusually for 1998, no mother's maiden surname is listed. And no mention of Hill or Jones.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 July 20 20:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Dorothy
The main question is . . . . .

"what happened to the paperwork belonging to Eveline / Eva when she passed on / the care home closed"

As you know, the questions regarding Eveline / Eva have been the subject to an enormous amount of gen.research which includes myself and a handful of your other Rootschatter friends and others.

Ray
"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 20 July 20 20:58 BST (UK) »
Thanks Forfarian - lot of threads there

I have no idea whether either of the questions above are contained within any of those threads and given the number - I am not going to wade through them to look ::)

Re her belongings after her death.  22yrs have now elapsed since she died so you need to be realistic and accept it would be impossible to find that information.

Re whether she was previously married.  Buy a copy of her marriage cert to Alfred which will give her previous marital status
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 20 July 20 21:01 BST (UK) »

"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 20 July 20 21:07 BST (UK) »
Agree with CaroleW that after 22 years it might be impossible to find the information about any belonging. If she was not in contact with her family it's possible a social worker dealt with the hospital to arrange burial, looked after her accommodation, etc.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline dorothyl

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 21 July 20 09:22 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone. 
I've been trying to find out about my Grans belongings for the last few weeks. 

I have a copy of my Grans marriage certificate for when she married Alfred Evan Jones.  It just says her  name as we know it.  But on my mum's birth certificate it has a complete different name. Even though I've been to the register office in Manchester to find out if they issued the correct birth certificate for my mum. 
I was told it's definitely my mum's birth certificate and the names on it are correct.
I wasn't expecting  the name of hill on my mum's birth certificate. I thought it would just give the parents names on it.
So ever since I got my copy of my mum's birth certificate it's been bothering me. Where the mystery name came from.
Even though I was told it's definitely related to your grandmother Eveline.

I honestly appreciate your help you have given me.  You are all amazing at Finding things out I can't
Thank you  all again