Author Topic: Help with Robert John McMath and Ellen (nellie) Laverty Maghera Ireland  (Read 451 times)

Offline Cbeattie_x

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
hey everyone

needing a bit of help Robert John McMath and Ellen Laverty or lavery are my great grandparents, i have a lot of information on Robert hes not the problem  :)

Ellen or Nellie on the other hand is, i have no idea what year she was born or where she was born in northern Ireland but i do know she died in 1979 again not sure where but my papa and his siblings where brought up in maghera, most of the family live round that area now

I know its not much to go on but if anyone could please help me find anything on her and her family it would be very much appreciated, thank you

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Muckish the flat-topped mountain
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Robert John McMath and Ellen (nellie) Laverty Maghera Ireland
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 July 20 21:03 BST (UK) »
Robert McMath married Ellen Lafferty on 23rd September 1926 in Magherafelt R.D.
https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/

The marriage record is available via GRONI online at the above link, and choosing the "full" option (5 credits £2.50) lets you see the digitised image of the original. You need to register on GRONI (free), then purchase a few credits to do full searches, view certificates etc.

KG

Edited to add:
When you purchase and receive the marriage record, if you post the names of their fathers, then we can do a bit more digging!  :)
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Cbeattie_x

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 23 July 20 16:17 BST (UK) »
hey, its not letting me into the webite, but i got someone else to check it and its not coming up for them, would anywhere else have it?

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 23 July 20 17:02 BST (UK) »
It's coming up OK for me.
https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/

GRONI is the only repository for birth, death and marriage records in what is now Northern Ireland, from 1.1.1922 onwards. (Ancestry, FindMyPast and other websites don’t have them).

Northern Ireland historic registration records are available to search online, with the records available being:
•   birth records over 100 years old
•   marriage records over 75 years old
•   death records (including World War II death records) over 50 years old

Contact details for ringing or e-mailing GRONI:
https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/contacts/contacts-az/general-register-office-northern-ireland
Note the search room is currently closed due to COVID-19.

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Kloumann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline Kloumann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 23 July 20 17:57 BST (UK) »
I think that is Robert R McMath. in 1901 census. Can't make out his 2nd name on the birth.

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Londonderry/Kilrea/Coleraine_Street/1521070/

And he is presbyterian

Edited

Yes. I think the 2nd Robert John in 1886 is him.